Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

wolverine...looks like the savage x

Old 09-19-2006, 07:33 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wolverine...looks like the savage x

has eny one heard of this or have one???? i like the look and price but dont know if its any good. so if any one knows any thing about it i would very much appriciate it

aaron

heres the link too http://www.rdlogics.com/cgi-bin/cate...500&type=store
Old 09-19-2006, 07:42 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wolverine...looks like the savage x

Yes it has been posted before but never hurts to be sure.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Chronic

I heard it's a total piece of crap. Never had one, that's just what I've always heard about them.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:54 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow i thought cince it was like a savage it wud be good..guess thats what i get for thinking.[:'(]
Old 09-19-2006, 08:15 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: xtmman

wow i thought cince it was like a savage it wud be good..guess thats what i get for thinking.[:'(]
a good solid log resembles a snickers bar...doesn't mean it's tasty:P
Old 09-19-2006, 10:56 PM
MonteCarloMan

For not all that much more, you can get a brand new Savage RTR.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:10 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

No kiddin...another $75...and you have a better engine, a stronger truck, easier to find parts..
Old 09-20-2006, 08:09 PM
savagely_maxx

LOOKS KINDA LIKE A SAVY BUT WITH FEW MODIFICATIONS,I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT PERFORMANCES WISE
Old 08-02-2007, 06:10 AM
nitronz

wow, one person says its a piece of crap and every one believes them. Understandable, I guess these people have to justify the fact that they spend good money on poorly equipped trucks like the savage with its weak steering servo, plastic steering rack, two spider unshimmed diffs, palstic shocks, 2.5mm chassis, alloy cast engine plate....lol the list goes on and still the suckers buy it and it falls over on every corner. Wolverine will lick a savage every time
Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A knockoff Savage is what the RD truck is. Lame. I'd get the real thing instead. www.hpiracing.com
Old 08-02-2007, 08:27 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nitronz

two spider unshimmed diffs
The Savage hasn't had 2 spider diffs for about 3 years now.....HPI started putting the 4 spider diffs in the Savage25 RTR. Every Savage since has been 4 geared....and now all Savages come with shimmed alloy diff cases as well. Better get current with the facts jack.[8D]
Old 08-02-2007, 09:57 AM
46u

wow, one person says its a piece of crap and every one believes them. Understandable, I guess these people have to justify the fact that they spend good money on poorly equipped trucks like the savage with its weak steering servo, plastic steering rack, two spider unshimmed diffs, palstic shocks, 2.5mm chassis, alloy cast engine plate....lol the list goes on and still the suckers buy it and it falls over on every corner. Wolverine will lick a savage every time
You have your facts all wrong as gravediggerracing said they have not had 2 spider diffs for quite a few years! All so all RTR have poor radio systems and is why I only do kits. I have had my Savage for years with MANY gallons of run time at least 8 plus and have broken very FEW parts! As far as falling over need to come race against my Savage, as it will not lick yours it will spank it big time!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 08-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

raptor is the original of wolverine. i have the raptor and it is very weak, just miscalculate the turn on low speed est 10mph, broke the bumper, so they change the bumper and later they change/upgrade it because it broke a lot of times, also carefull of jumping or air borne it, mine just did a small jump, 3 ft high with out any reason the rear left upper arm broke w/o any reason, like the bumper, they are weak plastic not like the savage, as i do also have the s-25, also the lst and lst2, the raptor or wolverine diff are also weak, if you decide to get one, replace those tap screws in the bevel cap, those screw always get loose, coz of that, it will damage the diff bevel gear. most the second gear, the screw of the metal plate is expose not like the other truck, mgt, savage,ect. and the pin is close to each other, when the second gear engage, specialy between the pin and the screw, when it shift back to 1st gear, it will strip the second gear, to resolve this i decide to remove those pin and use the 2 screw as its pin, i replace mine 5 or 6 time before some body stole my raptore, but at least no more head ache. but who ever took the truck, he mist the lst at the back.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:28 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Wolverine will lick a savage every time
Yes, it will. It will lick a Savage's balls because the Savage makes it its little puta!
Old 08-04-2007, 04:25 AM
stadium truck freak

what bloody junk if your gonna buy a monster truck buy a proper one not some cheap S*** .
Old 08-05-2007, 02:48 PM
nitronz

No parts are the same between savage and wolverine ( except for maybe the tank holder and throttle linkage), Wolverine is also longer and lower and wolverine carries a much heavier roll bar as well as a steel engine plate to restrict flex. Wolverine front end is also tilted back for better suspension efficiency. To call wolverine a copy of a Savage is a nonsence. Such a statement would make any truck with the same chassis system a copy, which Savage was not the first to use. Early Raptor had some faults, like all, but not as many as Savage of that time and Raptor was mechanicaly higher spec'd than Savage at that time. Little has changed on Wolverine, second gear clutch has been modified to prevent damage to second gear, diff cases have been changed to prevent diff failure etc. All these improvements were made during RDlo0gics taking over. It is amusing that two respected names, like Shumacher and Rdlogics (who know more about performance RC's than most readers here), market Wolverine/Raptor. Nanda. ( who make Wolverine) , are seen in the top ten of international buggy racing more than many. Over the years, since the introduction of Raptor/Wolverine nearly every part of Savage has been upgraded and modified. Hopups are available for nealy every part of Savage, because they are needed. Demand is caused by need, need is caused by breakage.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:36 PM
46u

[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 02-17-2008, 08:17 AM
metalman7474

Sounds like Someone that has done his homework just as i have. I own the wolverine/raptor as well, with the exception that i have a .27 instead of the standard .25 in mine, so i would have to agree with nitonz. For those who do not own this truck....how can u comment on something u have no self knowledge of? If ya dont have 1, then zip it!!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:47 AM
burnchassis3

Lets get together and have a crash up derby...Last 1 running takes the others truck.
CS
Old 03-28-2008, 09:42 PM
jsflagstad

So does anyone else that owns a Wolverine have any comments? I was thinking about picking one up as I have found one NIB, RTR for $250. I have a Savage and a Tmaxx already so I could make a good comparison. I see that they also make a buggy as well.

JSF
Old 03-28-2008, 11:18 PM
TyCarp

that thing looks like junk to me
Old 03-28-2008, 11:21 PM
BANKRUPTER

I say for 250 pick it up, trash it and do a write up on it in the wolverine section! Hmm no section for it.?! I wonder why... But please dont compare a truck that still uses steal and cheep plastics...

Ive yet to see anything from RD logics that was not "pretty", Junk. I wish I had never bought there stuff for my junk box it had enough already. The best thing I got from them was there fuel tank and that hits the motor! good R/d there... Just because you buy someone out. It does not mean you take over the manufacturing. Same truck, same parts, same factories, different owner. Ive seen 2 in hand Ive bought none for a good reason.... Why? Other than cheep it has no selling points.

I say get the E firestorm with 200 bucks it will run longer as a basher...lol, but no joke and get a bat pack with the extra 50.
Good luck but put some thought into this. You got the best dont try the rest!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:57 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Yeah, the Wolverine and Tower Terror are the best two trucks on the market! [sm=lol.gif]

Old 03-29-2008, 08:39 PM
jsflagstad

Wow! Not alot of love here for the Wolverine I guess. I was thinking for $250 I'd pick one up for my daughter as she sometimes likes to go out running trucks with my son and I. Kinda hard to pass on a deal like that, but maybe I should....maybe a used Savage would be better. I just dumped an OS Max 30vg in my Savage and I have a good spare engine now if I can fine a used one for a good deal that needs an engine. Might be a better option.

JSF
Old 03-30-2008, 12:11 PM
newpat

270cc fuel tank, that's almost double from the Savage X, right? 150 cc if i remember welll...
would that fit on a Savage? i'm getting tired of filling up every 5 minutes ! just warming the truck up when it's -3C takes me 1/2 tank!!
anyone tried that before?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.