Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

How do i start my savage 25? (rotostart)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 01:04 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default How do i start my savage 25? (rotostart)

I just got my savage and i can't get it started?
Can anyone hyelp, i crank it with the roto start but get nothing?
I have the power switch on with new batteries.
How does the glow plug work? I think that may be the problem? But where does the glow plug get power from?
I'm lost, can anyone help?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:23 AM
SpikeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do i start my savage 25? (rotostart)

First, you have to prime your engine with fuel. Either press the primer button on your tank a few times until there are no bubbles in the fuel line. Or, plug up the exhaust tip (stinger) and crank the engine with the Rotostart (again, until you see no bubbles in the fuel line). DO THIS WITHOUT THE GLOW PLUG IGNITOR ATTACHED!
If you have primed the engine for too long, it can become flooded. In this case, remove the glow plug, and just crank the engine with the Rotostart for a few seconds.

You must use a glow plug ignitor to heat up the glow plug. Simply clip the ignitor to the glow plug, start the engine, and remove it when the engine starts.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:50 AM
DavidKirkbride

basically you turn youre elctronics on by the switches on either the receiver and the transmitter after that if the fuel tank doesnt have a primer ( LOOKS VERY LIKE A BUTTON WITH A SPRING ON IT) press it after taking youre air filter off you should see the fuel building up so u open the carb by pressing the button and let the fuel circulate into the engine and then u put the air filter back on and then put the PINK plug thing into the top of the engine so it locks onto the plug inside. then u put the roto start into the engine and for short periods press the button simultaneously and if the engine does start after 2-3 mins u should charge ure PINK plug.. or use the wrench you get with it to remove to glow plug from the top of the engine and use the pink glow starter to heat it up.. if it doesnt glow bright orange you either have a FLAT glow starter or a Broken GLOW Plug which can be purchased at youre local hobby shop for no more than 3.50.. anyone i hope this helps matey.. i hope you get that bad boy running cause i cant wait till i get mine

Thanks David Kirkbride
Old 11-01-2006, 12:12 PM
amwhite2005

I think most starting has been explained. An easier way to prime it though is to blow through the pressure line (the one that connects to the exhaust). Blow hard, but stop when you see fuel go though the fuel line.

If it is new (I asume it is) then losen the glow plug 1/2 turn will help you start it. The first start is always hard, after a few you will have got the hang of it and it will be easier to start. I remember mine to me a few hours before I figured out the glow ignitor was dead, so I charged it and then 30mins next day it started. Now it takes seconds.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:32 PM
SpikeX

When my Savage X was new, I tried loosening the glow plug 1/8 turn to start the engine and fuel would just leak out, which broke a total of 3 glow plugs.

It took me a week to start my X when new. I finally found out that the stock glow plug (R4) was too cold, so I switched to an R3 plug - and it started first time the next day.