Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Wheel Hexes

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:41 PM
SpikeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Hexes

Recently, one of the wheels on my STOCK Savage X stripped slightly. It still works properly, but I am afraid that it will strip completely. The hexes are still intact.

Is this normal for a stock Savage X? Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Also, I am looking into getting some Dirt Bonz tyres. Are they any good? And I also need a set of HPI 17mm wheels to match, does anyone know any HPI 17mm wheels that will fit the Dirt Bonz tyres, apart from the Warlock ones (which I already have)?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 PM
zach brenner

Default RE: Wheel Hexes

well, the wheels will strip when the nuts are not fully tighted. i,m runing 14 mm with a high power 28 and have only striped 1 hex with big tires. worlocks will fit and thats it except for this
http://www.prolineracing.com/proline.html
and i have dirt bonz they last a llllllllllllloooooooooonnnnnnngggggggggg time and provide great traction
Old 11-04-2006, 01:23 PM
INTEGRA

14mm hex'z suck.....17's are better......23's are the best...but come at a hefty price for hubs wheels and tires.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Wizz Kid

any of the HPI nubz dish wheels fit the dirtbonz. i have the black dish rims and dirtbonz and they fit perfect.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:49 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Ya one day I am going to the 17mm hex but in WELL over 6 gallons I have not stripped my 14mm so I do not see any hurry.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:11 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I have problems with the 14mm hezes too. On my second daily basher, I went ProLines. And yes, I did pay out the nose to get the upgrade hezes, beadlock wheels, and 40 series tires.

I did however modify my 14mm hezes on my primary daily basher and they have not yet given me any problems since I modified them. Check out the following link in which I describe the procedure:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_47...tm.htm#4735086

I did this more for the fun of doing it, and it took the better half of an afternoon to modify the hezes. But if you are adventerous and wish to give it a try on your 14mm hezes, I hope my link can help you.