Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Clutch Bell

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 02:44 AM
SpikeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Bell

For Christmas, I will be getting a 3-speed transmission and the HPI Polished Aluminium Pipe (a pipe for more low-end power and torque). I was wondering which clutch bell to use with my 49-tooth spur gear.

I still want to have the great acceleration that my stock Savage X with a 15-tooth clutch bell provides, but with a bit more top speed. I am worried that with a 3-speed and the polished pipe that it will just flip over all the time with a 15-tooth clutch bell.

I mostly drive my Savage on dirt, grass, and a bit on the road.

So should I get a 16-Tooth clutch bell or a 17-tooth? And is it worth getting a Racing clutch bell?

I also heard that you need a Steel Spur Gear with the 3-speed tranny. Is this true?
Old 11-05-2006, 09:31 AM
benzzyo5

Default RE: Clutch Bell

you don't ned a stel spur. i'd get a 47 tooth spur. and a 16 tooth ot 17 i'm not sure eather. wich ever one fits your driving style do u go on the road a majority of the time, if not i would get 47 spur definitly with the 3 speed. and i would get a 16 tooth cb
Old 11-05-2006, 09:36 AM
amwhite2005

It is worth getting a racing clutch bell. They stay cooler, and if you get aluminum clutch shoes they are a great help (and they look cool).
Old 11-05-2006, 02:44 PM
SpikeX

So should I got for a 16-Tooth or 17-Tooth Racing Clutch Bell?
Old 11-05-2006, 02:49 PM
amwhite2005

If you want faster acceleration, go for the 16 tooth. If you want good speed, go for the 17tooth. The 16 tooth isn't much different to the 15, but will control the wheelies slightly more. The 17 tooth will make it very hard to pull wheelies with the stock engine, but you will be able to with a good tune and the 3 speed. It is all down to you.

For wheelie pulling, go for the 16, or stick with the one you have.
If you have more space to get to top speed, go for the 17 tooth.