Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Helfire and savage vid

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 09:29 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Helfire and savage vid

Heres a video of us shaking down some modded engines

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...85989159158821
Old 11-10-2006, 09:57 PM
ssj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helfire and savage vid

Like I said on the XTM forums, kick ***** vid dude. I really like the job you've done with the modded engines. Nice work! [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-11-2006, 07:46 AM
RCCanuck

that video is awesome man.....and a fellow Canuck to boot.....I like the fact that you can really hear the engines unlike alot of other vids......makes me wanna get my savvy back together now....
Old 11-11-2006, 12:06 PM
brownstone101

lol this is funny i looked up mach 427 on google last night and was watchin your hellfire vids didnt know they were you are u runin a stock clutch in those other 2 vids with just the hellfire? rpm to accelreation seamed slugish or that mach is makeing some mad burn outs[8D] i would know i got a savage X with a mach and lets just say wow[8D]
Old 11-11-2006, 12:20 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: brownstone101

lol this is funny i looked up mach 427 on google last night and was watchin your hellfire vids didnt know they were you are u runin a stock clutch in those other 2 vids with just the hellfire? rpm to accelreation seamed slugish or that mach is makeing some mad burn outs[8D] i would know i got a savage X with a mach and lets just say wow[8D]
the first vids the mach was spinning like mad and diffing out as well it was only on tank 5 after heat cycle.... the latest vid had some traction... I dont how much more snap I need as were wheelying a Truggy with a Center diff....
Old 11-11-2006, 04:23 PM
colindecon

drive left drive right drive left drive right drive left drive right ???????????????

wheres the fun dude, crash that baby jump it over car do something :P
Old 11-11-2006, 05:34 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: colindecon

drive left drive right drive left drive right drive left drive right ???????????????

wheres the fun dude, crash that baby jump it over car do something :P
well guy, unfortunately this video is just testing some modded engines......neither of these vehicles are mine, so i was just testing and tuning the motors that I ported..... But if you look thru my video collection I have plenty of bashing vids........
Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 AM
gdl357

Which engine you moded seems to be the best built, machining wise?

Do you change character when you change user name?
Old 11-12-2006, 01:14 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: gdl357

Which engine you moded seems to be the best built, machining wise?

Do you change character when you change user name?
the STS is better built IMO...it has much more advanced crank timing, heavier case and a nicer sleeve.... But due to the STS's advanced crank timing its alot harder to dial in... So I can see rookies having issues with these motors as they requirew a little finesse and skill to make operate correctly... And I'm not just talking needle tuning, I am including head shimming, tuned pipe selection, glow plug and fuel.... If any of these parameters aren't met the STS will not perform... But the SH is very forgiving, and seems to perform excelent no matter what... So foa more advanced user the STS will deliver more power no question, but for the average user the SH is a much better bet....... It tooke me a little while to figure out the STS 30 and get it running nice, when i first got it it was a total PITA and had me pulling out my hair....... But now it is one of the best engines I have ever used, it has insane power, axle snapping tourque and blistering aceleration and extremely good top end..... When you consider Integra's Savage is 14 lbs and look at the way the STS 30 makes it acelerate its very clear that its an awesome powerhouse...... The way it is right now, it starts usualy within the second pull and will idle all day long...
Old 11-12-2006, 01:22 AM
gdl357

THX for taking the time to answer.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:46 AM
colindecon

cool tnx i will do that