Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

disappearing dogbones

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:05 PM
-SomeGuy-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: disappearing dogbones

Yeah you got a point there.

dracy69 as Sherlock Holmes

in

The Mystery Of The Disappearing Dogbones

Even though it took so long to figure what was wrong, this thread has been really fun to write and read.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:39 PM
jombo

the bermuda triangle theory sounds better than ailiens taking them, lol.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:25 AM
paintstikker

I just remembered that there is a small dirt patch by my house that always takes 3 screws at a time.

The ground hates me.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:12 AM
carmatic1

i bet you people would really want to own a metal detector by now wouldnt you guys
Old 12-16-2006, 12:18 PM
SpeedAddict

ORIGINAL: carmatic1

i bet you people would really want to own a metal detector by now wouldnt you guys
I lost the drive pin out of the rear wheel of my Rustler a cople times before I threadlocked the wheel nut. My wheel would come off going full speed, and I wouldn't have a drive pin. Used to frustrate the heck out of me because then I wouldn't be able to run it for a week or so. Losing parts never feels good, especially when you don't know why.

Those drive cups are SCREWED!!!!![X(] Dude, you must have a beast of an engine to do that to HD drive cups!!![>:][>:]
Old 12-16-2006, 12:58 PM
CWC

ORIGINAL: someguywitasavage

Yeah you got a point there.

dracy69 as Sherlock Holmes

in

The Mystery Of The Disappearing Dogbones

Even though it took so long to figure what was wrong, this thread has been really fun to write and read.
I'd buy tickets to that uummm no not really no . But good to know you found the problem someguy, by the way cool cartoon and you're right this has been a funny thread[sm=lol.gif]
Old 12-16-2006, 01:14 PM
paintstikker

I had a metal detector, but I sold it to buy a gun....(this was before I started loosing parts; it seems as if my truck waited untill I sold my metal detector LOL).
Old 12-16-2006, 01:24 PM
-SomeGuy-

I could see how a metal detector would come in handy but i dont get people who make a hobby out of it, to each his own i guess. It makes me think of Terrence and Phillip from south park "lets go searching for treasure".

SpeedAddict, the engine is a stock picco 27.

I was wondering if the drive cups could be fixed somehow. Maybe smooth out the grooves so the DB slides into place or am i better off just putting in new ones?
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Chronic

As a general hobby, I don't see how metal detecting could be all that fun. The only time I have been interested is after talking to some guys who specialize in what they search for. We have a couple of places around here where some pretty big civil war battles took place and people are still finding some neat stuff from that time period. Blackbeard the pirate also frequented the area alot and dropped stuff all over the place. Lots of history to be discovered, and I can see the draw to that type of thing.

On the other hand, those guys that walk up and down the beach looking for people's lost rings and such just irritate the hell out of me.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:54 PM
-SomeGuy-

Finding historical stuff could be very cool but apart from that, no thanks. Maybe if they had nitro powered metal dectectors it would be a different story [sm=lol.gif].
Old 12-16-2006, 02:55 PM
amwhite2005

The metal detector people probably think driving a car up and down would be a really boring hobby. I mean, if someone got into it, you may find that you can do extra things with it, just like we can do jumps.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:45 PM
carmatic1

well, yes, hobbies can overlap abit sometimes... just like you can have a metal detector to help you in your rc finding loose parts , guys who are into metal detectors as a hobby maybe they can mount a small one onto a giant scale mt/crawler or something and save themselves the footwork ... maybe the ground is too muddy or soft and only a rc mt (less ground pressure) can work effectively, where deep bootprints in sensitive areas are unacceptable... or something
Old 12-16-2006, 03:48 PM
amwhite2005

I think a little project is comming on... A savage complete with metal detector. Who knows that I could find, selling the stuff could help pay for a new engine!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:52 PM
carmatic1

ORIGINAL: amwhite2005

I think a little project is comming on... A savage complete with metal detector. Who knows that I could find, selling the stuff could help pay for a new engine!
well slightly bigger than a savage... maybe one of these will suffice: