Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

need some help fellas!

Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 AM
bennyblanco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help fellas!

my problem is that everytime i hit my brakes i hear a clicking noise i thought it was my diffs but the noise is coming from the tranny so i took apart my tranny inspected and nothing no sigh of wear or anything i put it back together and i still have the clicking noise and its loud......loud it enough for you to hear it with my big block sts.28 on. any help willl be appreiciated.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:50 AM
RVC

Default RE: need some help fellas!

Mine does this too....I found out that the piston that actuates the brakes was loose and eventually fell out of the hole. I lost my brakes! I just cut off the end of a drill bit (blunt end) and put it in there, back in action. Good luck.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:02 AM
bennyblanco

i dont want to sound dumb but i didnt understand nothing you said!!! can you explain a little! thanks!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:15 PM
amwhite2005

I get it too. I have the dual disk brakes. I think the clicking is comming from the brakes. I have had no problems, and I couldn't find any other explanation to it, and nothing has broken, so I take it to be the brakes. I still have brilliant braking, so...
Old 12-04-2006, 01:25 PM
SpikeX

I had the clicking noise too with my HPI Dual Disc Brakes, but I could not hear it over my engine (F4.1). Then, after adjusting my linkages, the clicking was gone.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:31 PM
amwhite2005

Is the clicking only when you brake? If it is, then that is surely the dual disk brakes. You stand a good chance of hearing it, as the engine is idling when you brake. That depends on what pipe you have though.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:32 PM
bennyblanco

thats crazy because i have the dual brakes too!!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
bennyblanco

yeah it happens when i brake but the sound is like something is stripped but the truck works fine!!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:38 PM
RVC

The shaft that actuated the brakes is simply an aluminum shaft with a notch cut out of it, it slides into the aft part of the transmission. The notch in the shaft lines up with a hole in the trans. case, in that hole is the piece (looks like a small piece of round stock) that presses up aginst the front brake "shoe" and squeezes the brake disc between the two shoes. My hole wallowed out in my trans case and the little actuation piece fell out, hence the loss of my brakes and the cause of my clicking sound. The othe crap I wrote was just my back yard way of fixing it, I just threw that in there and it was irrelevent to your question. Sorry for being so confusing though.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]