Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Radio question for Savage X SS...

Old 12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
supermotoxaustin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio question for Savage X SS...

I have an rc boat called the Miss Vegas by Aquacraft. Im thinking of getting a Savage X SS, but have an issue with spending money for a new radio. Even though the radio says Aquacraft on it i know that it is a Futaba 2 channel, I was wondering if I could buy a receiver for it and one servo and a high torque servo. And was also wondering what i would have to get, and how it would all work, also if you need any info on the radio just ask. Also would it be cheaper then buying a new radio?

,thank you
Old 12-10-2006, 04:26 PM
rcnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio question for Savage X SS...

ORIGINAL: supermotoxaustin

I have an rc boat called the Miss Vegas by Aquacraft. Im thinking of getting a Savage X SS, but have an issue with spending money for a new radio. Even though the radio says Aquacraft on it i know that it is a Futaba 2 channel, I was wondering if I could buy a receiver for it and one servo and a high torque servo. And was also wondering what i would have to get, and how it would all work, also if you need any info on the radio just ask. Also would it be cheaper then buying a new radio?

,thank you
Should work fine - just make sure you match it up with the right receiver. Also add in a failsafe inline with the throttle servo to prevent against radio glitches/loss of signal or if you accidentally turn your transmitter off at wide open throttle!

--RCNZ