Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage X SS 4.6 run time question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 05:13 PM
supermotoxaustin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X SS 4.6 run time question...

I have looked at many places and have not been able to find this for some reason but how long will the Savage X SS 4.6 last on one tank of gas, also is it bad to run out of gas, because I have read that it isnt that bad for cars?
,thank you
Old 12-10-2006, 06:17 PM
savagemonte

Default RE: Savage X SS 4.6 run time question...

I get about 20mins out of my savy,it's a savage 25 with the x motor,but i would say it depends on how good you can tune your motor, theirs a fine balance their,a balance i'm still learning how to optain,and also you'll hear alot of ppl say back and forth about running out of fuel,the pros and cons,but all i know,dont let your motor sit with fuel still inside,let it burn it out,they say the fuel will cause rust,and that leads to all kinds of problems,me i let it run it all out,then add some after run oil and cycle the motor with the rotor start to lub it all up,maintains a healthy motor longer.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:27 PM
rcnz

ORIGINAL: supermotoxaustin

I have looked at many places and have not been able to find this for some reason but how long will the Savage X SS 4.6 last on one tank of gas, also is it bad to run out of gas, because I have read that it isnt that bad for cars?
,thank you
I get anywhere between 10-20mins with my XSS w/K4.6. Depends on how I drive it!
--RCNZ
Old 12-10-2006, 09:34 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my S-25 engine, I get 40 mins everything stock. Its so long I usually dont have the time to finish a whole tank A lot of people my be skeptical but I blame my really good tuning skillz[8D]
Old 12-11-2006, 09:22 PM
jamesdickinson

My friend who recently purchased the Savage Xss 4.6 gets around the 10-15 minute mark from a 3/4 full tank so your probably looking at around the 20 minute for average driving. everything stock.

Try and get in the habbit of bringing the car when its low on fuel and topping it up while the truck is running.

running in to empty on the final run is fine aslong as you know your getting low on fuel and not gunning it full noise down the track. put some after-run through it to keep it healthy, and dont leave fuel in the tank while stored.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:45 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

On my S-25 engine, I get 40 mins everything stock. Its so long I usually dont have the time to finish a whole tank A lot of people my be skeptical but I blame my really good tuning skillz[8D]

Ya right! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 12-12-2006, 12:28 AM
azzman

ORIGINAL: 46u

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Ya right! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
I second that!!! [:-]
Old 12-12-2006, 12:44 AM
spiftacu1ar

he might get 40min.... if he idles the whole time