Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Turnbuckles

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:43 PM
agent0010

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turnbuckles

Has anyone ever seen 6mm x 60mm turnbuckles? If so, where can I get them? I recently purchased a used savage, and one of the front upper turnbuckles broke, so I'm stuck until I can replace it. I'm pretty sure "turnbuckle" is the right term. It's threaded on both sides, and the center is a hex. I'm a NOOB to this kind of stuff, so if your listenin...... HELP!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:09 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Turnbuckles

Welcome to the forum,
Did you look in the manual for the part number? If you do not have a manual you can down load it off HPI web site for free. If you get the part number you can go to Tower Hobbies punch in the number and there it is.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:14 PM
46u

Are you sure they are 6mm as I just looked on Tower Hobbies web site and they have 5 or 6 pages of turnbuckles but right off had did not see any 6mm. Go to this web site and put turn buckles in the search and see what you can find. Good Luck
http://www.towerhobbies.com/index.html
Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 PM
agent0010

ORIGINAL: 46u

Are you sure they are 6mm as I just looked on Tower Hobbies web site and they have 5 or 6 pages of turnbuckles but right off had did not see any 6mm. Go to this web site and put turn buckles in the search and see what you can find. Good Luck
http://www.towerhobbies.com/index.html

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I measured everything at work today with a set of digital calipers, the diameter is 6mm, and the length was 60mm. I tried a local shop, and when I showed the guy the part, he said "Holy Crap, that thing is huge, you're probably going to have to go to a machinist for something like that".
Old 12-12-2006, 09:54 PM
46u

I am just wondering if the shaft part is 6mm and the threads are 5mm as Tower hobbies has plenty of 5mm and might have 6, as I did not spend a lot of time looking and left that up to you. Unless you are like I and have a machine shop at your disposal you might come out cheaper just buying a whole set of new titanium. No offence but what few hobby shops we had around here do not take much stock in them. Might be why we do not have one now.
Good Luck.