Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

duratrax warhead

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 12:43 PM
ulost2butler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duratrax warhead

I know this isnt a duratrax warhead forum,but i was wondering if its worth the money for the warhead. I already own the x which has proven for the most part pretty much indestructable.Only real problem had with x was melting spur gears but fixed w/alum shoes. So back 2 orginal ? is warhead worth the money? thanks 4 answer.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:53 PM
SpeedAddict

Default RE: duratrax warhead

I've heard the Warhead is terrible. Talk to ashburg, I think he had one. You could probably PM him. I heard it breaks pullstarts and spur gears and isn't worth it. That's just what I've heard.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:09 PM
-SomeGuy-

A "warhead" Is the forward section of a missile, torpedo, bomb or the like that carried the "payload" or explosives. The Duratrax Warhead is the only one that i know of that is designed to destroy it self. Some people call it the Warheadache, others just call it garbage, take your pick.

Not to be unfair with Duratrax as im sure they make some good stuff and they are working hard to solve all issues with this truck BUT... how could they justify putting a product on the market without testing it out? Save your money and get something else, you would probably even be better off getting a T-Maxx.

You already have the most solid truck on the market so the only thing i could recommend is maybe a revo or lst if you just want something different. Why not get another savage and mod it out? Turn it into a racer with a mid tank mod. Take a look at what [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5075227/tm.htm]this guy[/link] did with his savage, sweet stuff if you ask me.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Chronic

I love my Duratrax Mini Quake SE... of course Duratrax has nothing to do with building the actual truck, and I certainly didn't use any Duratrax parts when I built it

Why a Warhead?
Old 12-16-2006, 03:17 PM
amwhite2005

Didn't Duratrax recall the warhead, at one point, or am I thinking of something else? I would either get an LST2 if you want something different, or an XSS is you like the Savage toughness.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:57 PM
azzman

ORIGINAL: ulost2butler

I know this isnt a duratrax warhead forum,but i was wondering if its worth the money for the warhead. I already own the x which has proven for the most part pretty much indestructable.Only real problem had with x was melting spur gears but fixed w/alum shoes. So back 2 orginal ? is warhead worth the money? thanks 4 answer.
Well you already have one monster truck, so why not go for something a bit different. Maybe a Truggy or a buggy? After having a Savage for a year I got myself an GS Racing Avenger buggy, and am having a blast! Its light nimble and tough and was great value for money.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:54 PM
ulost2butler

if there there was some tracks anywhere close 2 where i live i would love to try the racing scene even just 4 some fun otherwise i just backyard bash
Old 12-16-2006, 09:15 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Try a search in all the threads as what I have read I sure will not get one.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:47 PM
ulost2butler

must b y they have the warrnty on parts like they do because ur always replacing broke parts i guess & i guess thats y no one ever started a warhead thread lol.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:35 AM
amwhite2005

They do have a warranty on parts. They do say that you cant break their plastic! I would like to try.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:55 PM
ulost2butler

first nitro i started with was the evader & have broken many rear &front shock towers so i know the plastic is breakable & thats y they warrenty the way the do lol
Old 03-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Cap580dude

Sadly the duratrax warhead has been discontinued but the new duratrax warhead evo is this bomb digity