Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Started my savage 25 up for the first time, tuning help?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Started my savage 25 up for the first time, tuning help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 02:08 AM
traxxaskid109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Started my savage 25 up for the first time, tuning help?

Hey everyone, i was able to start up my Savage 25 (for the first time) which I bought used. I'm pretty sure that i've read up as much as I could in 3 hours on how to tune and take care of the engine. I was at various forums and what not reading peoples many methods to breaking in and tuning their savage's. luckily I came accross the video explaining on how to tune the savage, which i found to be extremely use full. The video was done by one of HPI's representatives so I assume If I follow that I'll be ok. i think i've got down the basic info on how to tune my engine the hsn and lsn needles. My only question is, how do i get it right in semi-cold weather? Just keep fiddling until i've found perfection? Keep in mind that I'm not familiar with this car or any other nitro cars, this being my first. So i guess I'll judge by what was said in the video...? because when he had tuned the needles the car seemed to run great and it was explained what the ideal run should be like; good acceleration, power, compression,speed and smoothness. Basically all I'm concerned about really is how deep the needles are turned in since the car was used. Should i turn the screw for the pins all the way in and then 3 turns out for whatever the manual had suggested? ( I'll double check the right amount of turns of course) But would that be a good way or start off flush? I'd assume starting all the way in would be correct, huh?

Ok any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:49 AM
amwhite2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Started my savage 25 up for the first time, tuning help?

Start with the factory settings, said in the manual. Then you adjust the HSN in 1/8th incriments until you get good performance and good smoke trails. Then when the engine is warmed up adjust the LSN. It isn't that hard, just dont go too far.