Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Receiver Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:25 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Receiver Question

OK, sorry if I've asked this before, but I still don't know what I need.

I have an LST2 - so, the XS-6 Race Synthesizer radio with it.

I now have a Savage X SS.. And need a receiver.

But what? I've only ever had RTR's, so have no idea about quartzes, whether the receiver does or doesn't need to be synthesized, or what?

I think in the US you guys have what, 75 mhz?? Here most RTR's come with 27 and AM, and the XS-6 and most of the better ones are 40, and FM..

So what exactly do I need - any old FM 40 MhZ receiver, and a quarz, or what?? Want to keep it cheap...
Old 12-28-2006, 10:04 AM
tn rc bug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Receiver Question

Kind of an open ended question.
I mostly bash and finf the AM frequencies are not an issue.
I just upgraded my received for the Futaba 2pk radio which is fairly cheap (around $70.00 US) and it came with a receiver as well. It can hold the preset trims in memory for 10 models, antilock brakes (pumps the servo) and end point adjustements. For bashing, it is everyhing I need.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:10 AM
HerrSavage

Why is it an open-ended question? IF I understand correctly, my radio is FM and 40 MhZ. Therefore, the receiver needs also to be FM and 40 MhZ also, right?

Next, my radio is synthesized, but if I understand correctly, I don't need a synthesized receiver - just any old 2-channel (FM and 40 MhZ) receiver - AND a quartz that I have to adjust my radio to?? Is that right??.....
Old 12-28-2006, 04:14 PM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost. Some radios are not compatable with all recievers. It has something to do with the frequency shift and weather it's a single or double conversion system.
A reciever that is from the same company or one that specifically says it's compatable will be your best bet. But you're right, you don't have to have a synthasized reciever, just a standard rx and a crystal that's a channel that your transmitter will work on.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:15 PM
HerrSavage

Thanks.

Um, OK, so it's even more complicated than I thought..