Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage x cluch problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:47 AM
johnniesav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage x cluch problem

After 5 tanks i have found the brass washer in front of the cluch bell wore out from the screw that holds the assembly together. This caused the cluch bell to slip forward and the cluch pads not to ingauge properly. After inspection of the cluch, i have found that it damaged one of the pins in the flywheel and broke a cluch pad. I ordered new parts and talked to the LHS and was told that there was nothing i could do about the problem. The washers just wear out. Meaning that this was going to be a regular problem. What i am asking is this a problem everybody else is having and what can i do to fix the problem. I am new to nitro trucks and plan on sticking with it. Just need some help.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:46 AM
amwhite2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Savage x cluch problem

You can buy the new washer that comes with the XSS, that is made out of steel, so will not wear down. Either that or ask your LHS for some washers/spacers and put about 5 on. They are not brass so they will not wear down either. That is what I have had on for the last 3 gallons and they are fine.