Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

wires for failsafe!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Coastiebob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wires for failsafe!

I have a smart temp failsafe. I would like to get suggestons on how to run the wires running to the receiver and also the best place to put the failsafe for easy access to the display. I'm also interested in completely waterproofing these areas. I have read alot of the threads on this as well but what about the failsafe what can be used there? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-04-2007, 01:12 AM
savagecommander

Default RE: wires for failsafe!

your failsafe should fit in the stock radio box. as for being waterproofed just cut a hole in the top and sg some lexan in as a window.put some rtv in the screw holes and around the wire holes and you should be good to go... i think...
Old 02-04-2007, 03:00 AM
burnchassis3

Is your failsafe waterproof?
If yours is ,cut a small hole in your top radio box cover just large enough to get the plug through it .
Run the wires in the hole ,and silicone the hole up and place the failsafe in a dot of silicone over the hole you just cut.
The failsafe will be mounted to the top of your radio box very easily to see,and everything will still be water resistant.
CS
Old 02-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Coastiebob

Thanks guys, I don't think it is waterproof, although i wonder if die electric grease will keep the water from entering the plug. It's a venom smart temp!