Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 25 Limited Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 12:43 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 25 Limited Edition

I'm looking for a new or next to new Savage 25 Limited Edition. If you are anyone you know has one get in touch with me please. If you have any contact at your local hobby shops or whatever...I want one of these.

I have a damaged Savage Limited I purchased off eBay where the seller did not disclose any of the damage to me...and PayPal screwed me and won't refund my money. So I'm stuck with a truck I don't want to work on. $150 would fix it up nicely I think. Will offer this truck as a partial trade.

Lemme know!
Old 03-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Chronic

Default RE: Savage 25 Limited Edition

Why? I loved my stock LE and all, but why are you so dead set on that model? The only real difference between it and a normal Savage 25 is the three speed, tuned pipe, dual discs, and Dirtbonz tires.

What's wrong with yours?
Old 03-11-2007, 12:58 PM
itsnotskidding

although if you bought that lots for say the "X" it would cost $$$$...as its not standard... hummm... ltd edtion, il look into one as never knew of one..lol
Old 03-11-2007, 01:01 PM
go-to

ORIGINAL: crash_alot

although if you bought that lots for say the "X" it would cost $$$$...as its not standard... hummm... ltd edtion, il look into one as never knew of one..lol
Dude I don't understand what you're saying here sorry. The Savage 25 Limited Edition was a one-year deal.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:09 PM
go-to

ORIGINAL: Chronic

Why? I loved my stock LE and all, but why are you so dead set on that model? The only real difference between it and a normal Savage 25 is the three speed, tuned pipe, dual discs, and Dirtbonz tires.

What's wrong with yours?
It comes as I want with no exta work or upgrades...I've raced for years and have grown tired of changing parts is all. hehehe It's the body and rims I like most.

The one I bought was described as 1-month old and in great shape. Both TVP's are severely bent, the air filter is ripped, dirty and abused as all heck, body is krinkled real bad but intact, head is gouged badly, disc brake screws falling out, several TVP plate screws are missing or stripped from the wreck that caused the damage, receiver wire is chopped from improper installation, battery cover for RotoStart missing.

Stupid crap not disclosed to me when I bought it...I paid a premium for it thinking it was in premium condition. I'd sell it for $150 as a parts truck.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:14 PM
itsnotskidding

thats what im saying dude... its good!!... the savage "X" has none of them upgrades, and to buy them cost's $$$ so it seems realy good, thats why i want to look into one...
Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 PM
go-to

thats what im saying dude... its good!!... the savage "X" has none of them upgrades, and to buy them cost's $$$ so it seems realy good, thats why i want to look into one...
Gotcha gotcha!

I should've bought it new when I had the chance a while back... [] []
Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Chronic

I guess I understand where you are coming from, especially with the body. I really wish I had kept my stock LE body in good shape. I bet in another 5-10 years some Savage loving goober(such as myself) will be willing to shell out big bucks for one on Ebay.

All that aside... a Savage is a Savage when it comes down to it, and the parts interchange. I'd just keep what you have and grab a new X SS roller off ebay for $225. Combine the two and make your own X LE.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Chronic

You had to pay a premium for those parts though. It was still much cheaper than piecing everything together, but the sticker price on mine was $505 in the LHS, and I paid $490 for it. A normal Savage 25 at the time was like $425.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Ziggmiester

I found these on Ebay...

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/SAVAGE-25-LIMITED-EDITION-TRUCK-BRAND-NEW-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ130088200476QQcategoryZ4
4028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Savage 25[/link]

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-SAVAGE-25-LE-Limited-Edition-MONSTER-TRUCK-3spd_W0QQitemZ200085917996QQcategoryZ44029QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Another Savage 25[/link]

The first one is you'd have to buy a couple things like the body shell, no battery for the rotostart or charger.

The 2nd one is a risk because you never know how they treated their engine.

I can see why you would never want to buy another off eBay after what happened, but these two are still there.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:27 PM
go-to

I guess I understand where you are coming from, especially with the body. I really wish I had kept my stock LE body in good shape. I bet in another 5-10 years some Savage loving goober(such as myself) will be willing to shell out big bucks for one on Ebay.

All that aside... a Savage is a Savage when it comes down to it, and the parts interchange. I'd just keep what you have and grab a new X SS roller off ebay for $225. Combine the two and make your own X LE.
You can still buy the LE body from HPI for $40, and I have found them on eBay as well for not much less. hehe

My deal now is I want a new one...no more of this messing around on eBay for a used one claimed as being in great shape.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
go-to

ORIGINAL: Ziggmiester

I found these on Ebay...

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/SAVAGE-25-LIMITED-EDITION-TRUCK-BRAND-NEW-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ130088200476QQcategoryZ4
4028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Savage 25[/link]

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-SAVAGE-25-LE-Limited-Edition-MONSTER-TRUCK-3spd_W0QQitemZ200085917996QQcategoryZ44029QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Another Savage 25[/link]

The first one is you'd have to buy a couple things like the body shell, no battery for the rotostart or charger.

The 2nd one is a risk because you never know how they treated their engine.

I can see why you would never want to buy another off eBay after what happened, but these two are still there.
I am already watching both of those thanks!
Old 03-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Chronic

Can you really? With the Limited Edition stickers and all? Sweeeeet. I'm ordering one!

The guy at the LHS told me you couldn't buy it anymore, and I never checked for myself.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:31 PM
itsnotskidding

this one??....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=HPIC1852&P=PU
Old 03-11-2007, 01:33 PM
go-to

Can you really? With the Limited Edition stickers and all? Sweeeeet. I'm ordering one!

The guy at the LHS told me you couldn't buy it anymore, and I never checked for myself.
It's body #7754. On eBay and eBay Express as the GT-1 pre-painted body...just the colors are different as you know.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:34 PM
go-to

this one??....

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=HPIC1852&P=PU
Yes, that's it! [8D]
Old 03-11-2007, 01:38 PM
SpikeX

Here is a link to the GT-1 Body found on the LE:

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=7754
Old 03-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: go-to

My deal now is I want a new one...no more of this messing around on eBay for a used one claimed as being in great shape.

Okay, but you are going to have a ton of money in this deal. It's going to be hard to find a perfect one for a deal at this point in time. You can buy BRAND NEW Savage X SS rollers off ebay for $225. With the X SS you get the much better diffs, all of the newer easy access components, steel spur, better rollbar, new UNBENT TVPs... put the guts out of your 3 speed into the SS transmission case, then swap your engine, pipe, and shocks onto it. Throw one of those new $40 bodies on and you have an "X LE".

I know you want a real LE, but I'm just trying to help you get yourself sorted out as easily as possible.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:41 PM
go-to

ORIGINAL: SpikeX

Here is a link to the GT-1 Body found on the LE:

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=7754
That's the one.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:41 PM
itsnotskidding

so the ltd savage is not the savage 25 classic as shown in there catalogue??... i must admit i like that ltd version!!...
Old 03-11-2007, 01:44 PM
go-to

Okay, but you are going to have a ton of money in this deal. It's going to be hard to find a perfect one for a deal at this point in time. You can buy BRAND NEW Savage X SS rollers off ebay for $225. With the X SS you get the much better diffs, all of the newer easy access components, steel spur, better rollbar, new UNBENT TVPs... put the guts out of your 3 speed into the SS transmission case, then swap your engine, pipe, and shocks onto it. Throw one of those new $40 bodies on and you have an "X LE".

I know you want a real LE, but I'm just trying to help you get yourself sorted out as easily as possible.
I followed what you were getting at from your first post about this. Problem is I'm out $300 already. I'd be drying up the budget to do it this way...maybe someone would be nice enough to buy my stripped chassis for a good deal?? I dunno.

Great point, and I will likely end up doing it this way 'cause I can also get the nicer 6-spoke LE wheels as well.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Chronic

Crash its a Savage 25... hence the name "Savage 25 Limited Edition".

It was an RTR model that came with the SS kit options(except the .28 engine).
Old 03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
go-to

so the ltd savage is not the savage 25 classic as shown in there catalogue??... i must admit i like that ltd version!!...
That's why I want it.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:47 PM
itsnotskidding

ohhhh... yes.. i remember!!...[X(]
Old 03-12-2007, 12:01 AM
go-to

http://www.jespares.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1900

Buy it now while they are still available!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.