Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Are LHS employes idiots...U be the judge

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 04:23 PM
dabro15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are LHS employes idiots...U be the judge

The guys at my LHS know what their doing but some dont. My friend took his truck to a hobby shop to get his oneway bearing replaced and when the guy ran his truck to test it out the spur gear stripped. Cmon if you work at a hobby shop and cant even set the spur gear mesh correctly you suck at rc.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:41 PM
TheOtherSide

Oooppps.. wrong thread...
Old 10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
mike m

You all that complain about your "LHS" >>>WHy not shop on line...since you seem to be spending alot of money..like all of us do at times, this way there is nobody to say yes or no that won't work you will find out on your own...JUST BE SURE TO GET YOUR DAMN ADDRESS CORRECT AS ONE OF YOU CAN'T SEEM TO SPELL PROPERLY!

RC PITSTOP IN LANGELY, BC RULES!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE, BRING IT TO WES IN PERSON...DON'T BE A COWARD AND POST CRUD ALL OVER THE PLACE...BE A MAN!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:06 PM
mike m

tHIS DUDE is lying totally...I am not to far from Maple Ridge, actually grew up there. There is alot of Hobby stores with in an hour of travelling from maple ridge. My first thought would be why didn't he bring the rc with him to the store?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:56 PM
dhyde79

my two LHS's aren't too bad, one, well, the guy that runs it is someone that I don't have much use for anymore, but, the other, the one I've been dealing with, has been pretty good, taken care of me so far, my only real complaint is when I've gone in to have them help me with tuning they tune it themselves instead of explaining to me what they're doing, or having me do it so I know what to do in the future..... as close to $1000 as I've spent with them in a few days, they've treated me exceptionally well and gone out of their way to be helpful as much as possible.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:03 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a great thread!

Theres this kid in my LHS that doesn't know anything about RC, I have to explain almost everything I need to the guy. These guys don't even know what a BL motor looks like. He asked if my Orion 19T V2 was a brushless.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 PM
infernalstone

I miss my old hobby shop, back in Memphis. It was a new place, the guy started by breaking down kits to Ebay the parts, and decided that Memphis needed a shop to heavily support off-road.

Anyways, this guy would do anything to help. Wanted a part he didn't have? He'd look it up, tell you when he can expect to get it, and order it off. Call you if there was a shipping problem, and did everything he could to cater to the struggling off-road community. Everyone started switching to a certain brand of fuel, and he made danged sure it was in stock, in all the nitro amounts. If he didn't know something, he usually knew who did in the area, and would call them. And here's the real killer. When you went in, looking for something general (say.. replacement servo) he'd bring out EVERYTHING. I mean from the 90 dollar crap, all the way down to what he was selling on E-bay for 5 bucks out of his parted kits. He would never try to oversell people, either on need or budget. And he helped me out a bit more, since I did a lot of pitting for him at the races and was a broke college kid racing on a broke college budget. (He did buggies, truggies and monster trucks. I just did Monster trucks, so if I wasn't marshalling, I'd pit him and the rest of his race crew) What was really cool, is he would occasionally carry some of the common breaks for the popular vehicles to the track, to sell if people needed (Our tracks didn't have shops anywhere near them) or if you needed something, you could ask him to bring it, and pay for it at the track. But yea, I pretty much gave all my business to him, even though he was the furthers shop from my house.

However, I have also been at the other end of the spectrum, where the service is crap and so on. It just goes to show you that it takes all kinds.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a great hobby shop. My LHS never calls when I place an order, never orders on time or anything. They act big-headed because there the only hobby shop in Baton Rouge.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 PM
megamaxx

i dont order anything from any of my local shops any more,takes them forever to order,no calls if it comes in or gets back ordered,if they dont stock it e-bay here i come,i just went out to one of the shops tonight,and found out that they let the 2 old timers go,which really sucks because they were awesome,would help you with your ride any way they could,now i am stuck dealing with a kid 1/2 my age thats still a newb,and a "RACER" that knows everything and is never wrong,
Old 10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Wow i made this thread a while ago didnt thinkin i would c it at #1 again haha
Old 10-19-2007, 09:46 PM
RSHOE

ORIGINAL: mike m

You all that complain about your "LHS" >>>WHy not shop on line...since you seem to be spending alot of money..like all of us do at times, this way there is nobody to say yes or no that won't work you will find out on your own...JUST BE SURE TO GET YOUR DAMN ADDRESS CORRECT AS ONE OF YOU CAN'T SEEM TO SPELL PROPERLY!

RC PITSTOP IN LANGELY, BC RULES!!! IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE, BRING IT TO WES IN PERSON...DON'T BE A COWARD AND POST CRUD ALL OVER THE PLACE...BE A MAN!
mike, are you ok? Have you taken a look at how many people have posted about the crapy service?
They’ve rec'd from Langley Pit stop. I've been in the store and seen customers fed up and walk out the door.
I've been that customer fed up with the service and walked out that door. Don't tell me for 1 minute that
Wes / employees haven't seen it either. The bottom line is they couldn't give two shlt$ about there customers.
The atmosphere in the place is crapy. The employees fight amongst them selves. The employees are always on
facebook and who the hell hires a crack head to run there till anyways. I hope
this gets to them for an eye opener so they do something about it because Wes is going to do nothing but lose
customers. I'm done with you and the shop and if Wes wants to set up an appointment
for myself and most likely a number of other dissatisfied customer to come in and
give a trainning seminar on really customer service, well I’d be glad to.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:38 PM
saxy174

I agree with you Rshoe. The main thing is that we have been burned by them and know not to go back. Most companies rely on returning customers. Doesn't matter if its a "LHS" or Tim Hortons Coffee Shop. If the service sucked. 90% of the time they won't go back.

We all have our good contacts on ebay and local suppliers and even many of us here on RCU. We all here help each other and I would like to say THANKS to all who helped me and who helped others by sharing their wisdom.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:42 PM
TheOtherSide

ORIGINAL: saxy174

I agree with you Rshoe. The main thing is that we have been burned by them and know not to go back. Most companies rely on returning customers. Doesn't matter if its a "LHS" or Tim Hortons Coffee Shop. If the service sucked. 90% of the time they won't go back.

We all have our good contacts on ebay and local suppliers and even many of us here on RCU. We all here help each other and I would like to say THANKS to all who helped me and who helped others by sharing their wisdom.
[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 10-20-2007, 01:34 AM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

I would have to agree simple fact is if u dont get good serivce u have no point to go bak
wen u r willing to drop $100 or $200 buck on some parts they should be doin everthing in there power to make ur buying as easy as possible
but ill i get around here is a bunch of lazy workers not willing to help and wen they finally do they give attitude or try telling u things that arnt true soo they can make an extra buck
Old 10-20-2007, 02:58 AM
saxy174

very true! the ol mighty dollar!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:28 AM
mike m

In fact i'm fine and will be going to rcpitstop today. Put yourself in Wes's shoes for once...how many people he helps out in one day, how much time is spent helping the customers that know what they need, and those that well just aren't r/c savy. I myself have seen it on occasion where he is wayyyyyyyyy to busy to help everyone at the store. Its not his fault that r/c's and other hobby stuff (that he sells) has become so popular. Its not even X mas shopping time yet. You continue to go back, thats your decision. I continue to go back because I know the owner fairly well and know the help there fairly well too. And yes on occasion i have left not being helped (not very often mind you) Alot of the time its timing when you go to the LHS where ever it is. Early mornings i always find a good time go. That way its not so crowded...and when he is busy it gives me a chance to fly something on the simulator their!

Gonna go out on a limb and say this RCPITSTOP is the best hobby shop in the lower mainland. And has the most selection of any hobby all together period!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:45 AM
DrStupid

I'll be the first to say that I'm not perfect, and I can take the crits. Please come talk to me and say something if you are unhappy. I want you to come back and this world is also not perfect, and I do want every purchase to be well served, but that said sometimes there are several people waiting to see me. Sat, and Sun are the busiest days, and I try to see all the sales to the end, but yes I'm human and distract very easily some days if not a few. We do help people to the car with the purchase, but yes not every time. My point is yes we can all piss you off, so do your friends and family on occasion. Please make an effort to get to my attention your problem, I will try my best to make sure you're happy, and yes if you can politely comment to the staff your concerns as well, PLEASE DO!!!

Botom line I know that a happy costomer rarely talks about a good experiance, but a customer with a bad experiance will go to no ends to make everyone know about it except the person who could have changed the situation.
Please don't walk out with out letting me or someone know how we can improve.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:52 AM
TheOtherSide

In fact i'm fine and will be going to rcpitstop today. Put yourself in Wes's shoes for once...how many people he helps out in one day, how much time is spent helping the customers that know what they need, and those that well just aren't r/c savy. I myself have seen it on occasion where he is wayyyyyyyyy to busy to help everyone at the store. Its not his fault that r/c's and other hobby stuff (that he sells) has become so popular. Its not even X mas shopping time yet. You continue to go back, thats your decision. I continue to go back because I know the owner fairly well and know the help there fairly well too. And yes on occasion i have left not being helped (not very often mind you) Alot of the time its timing when you go to the LHS where ever it is. Early mornings i always find a good time go. That way its not so crowded...and when he is busy it gives me a chance to fly something on the simulator their!

Gonna go out on a limb and say this RCPITSTOP is the best hobby shop in the lower mainland. And has the most selection of any hobby all together period!
No matter how much you want to pump them up... there is one HUGE thing they could do differently that would make the world of difference: "Hello, someone will be with you in a few minutes... thanks for waiting".... but they (being everyone that works there) avoid any eye contact with you until what seems to be the time where they HAVE to help you out. That's what it seems like.

When you do get Wes' attention... sure he helps you out and orders parts for you etc... and they do have a large inventory of parts. Could you imagine if he ramped up his way of dealing with people... he'd be so busy there would be no problem to afford to employ 5 more people on any given weekend. Look at One Stop in Abbotsford.... they're stupid busy and have like 10+ people working on the weekend... and they still could use more staff. AND... if you're trying to make eye contact with one of them, they will tell you that they'll be with you in a minute. I don't go to One Stop simply because it's a 45min drive... and their prices are a few bucks higher. RC Pit Stop is 5 min from my place... and if I'm in a pinch for a part... I go there... get avoided until they have time for me and I buy the part at a good price. There is no question that Wes has TONS of experience in the hobby.. and knows his stuff like mad.... but little changes can go a long way.

All I'm saying is that if Wes put a customer survey up for his customers... he'd get an idea of what they/we would like to see. But it's not rocket science... I've been in the automotive industry for years on the dealership side... and worked with customers... they always think you're ripping them off... they are demanding etc... but they always get greeted with a smile and a "We'll be with you in a minute" if we want them to come back so we can pay our mortgages etc. Customer service no matter how busy you are!

getting off my soap box.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:57 AM
RSHOE

You know what mike, I do agree with you that they have a very good inventory but I’ve been in their a number of
times and only once was there more customers then employees. the other times I’ve been there has been at slow periods
and it still takes at least 5 - 10 minutes for an employee to recognize that i need something behind the counter.
I've also been in there a number of times when it's just I as a customer and having the odd question i've
asked Wes or one of his employees and I still continue to get the, are you retarded look and no real explanation.
i've not once came out of there with more knowledge about rcing then before i've walked in. I've said my peace and
I will continue to take my truck to other shops (Match Box Hobbies) and also continue to purchase my parts else where.
As an owner of a business you want to exhist for the customer not the customer exhist for you.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
TheOtherSide

Thanks for responding Wes... and thanks to whomever let him know. We often don't want to approach someone to let them know how to make improvements. When I get bickered at all day by customers when you're putting 100% effort in... it's hard to turn it around and let someone know what they may do to make an improvement... you just want to get going and get your stuff.

I'm sure by now Wes knows my face... and when I walk into RC PitStop... I'm buying something. I don't walk in to price stuff out... it's buying time. Not that I need any special treatment... but it can be recognized that "that guy is buying stuff today"... and a "be with you in 2 min" would be awesome!

Old 10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
saxy174

Thats your OPINION! Hobbiests will go to where they get the "Best Service" for the Best Price" My experiences 3x was all the same. 2 or so people in the store (early) and 2 employees there taking on the phone and the other talking to him about what they did at the bar the night before etc. Both of us was ignored at the counter. I gave them many of chances to impress me. DIDN"T HAPPEN'

I have no problem letting people know, where "I" get the best service! We all thrive on Customer service!!!!!!.

Again My OPINION!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:21 AM
TheOtherSide

ORIGINAL: DrStupid

The comment on the crack hore at the till, hmmmm well maybe if you knew the real person who is stressed about being a single mom and drinks coffee when we've been out for a drink socialy.
That comment is not cool. If that comment refers to the one lady who works there... I've found her to be very helpful and friendly. Don't judge a book by it's cover...
Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 AM
RSHOE

Well put Other side. Just that acknowledgement that they know we're there and will be with us in a minute
goes a long way. I personally like to see an extra effort put in for someone to go out of their way for a customer, not all the time because it is busy sometimes, but just at least once.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:48 AM
saxy174

X2 well put "Otherside"
Old 10-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Corporeal

Well, I've been to RCPitstop a few times, and here's what my total experience so far is.

Nice service, good layout. Easy to find what I need. I can usually find someone wrenching on the bench and ask them a question or two. They usually stop what they're doing and give me a good answer. There was one time that I remember where they were busy with other customers and I musta been the seventh customer in that shop. Pretty friendly staff too. I also know one of the people who volunteers their service there and I can usually talk to him right off the bat.

Wes also gave me enough parts to make an M18 roller for 50 bucks a while back. Hey, you can't beat that.

I've been to a couple other shops in mainland. One in particular told me you could not strip paint from lexan. Basically garbage advice. I didn't stick around too long in that shop afterwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.