Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Are LHS employes idiots...U be the judge

Old 04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are LHS employes idiots...U be the judge

I dont know if u guys have this problem but evertime i go to my lhs's and i tell them wat i want there like no u want this soo u think they would be right((sometimes)) cause there work at a rc store but nope always selling me the wrong parts sayin there the right ones then i go bak and im like i told u and there like really i dont belive u soo i have to show them its completly retared i have wasted or $200 buck getting the wrong stuff from them and to top it off they dont do refunds and its my only one out here bloody retarted i say..
Well anyone have the same problems as me at there LHS
Old 04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Are LHS employes idiots...U be the judge

ORIGINAL: C-Fraser..::HPI::..

I dont know if u guys have this problem but evertime i go to my lhs's and i tell them wat i want there like no u want this soo u think they would be right((sometimes)) cause there work at a rc store but nope always selling me the wrong parts sayin there the right ones then i go bak and im like i told u and there like really i dont belive u soo i have to show them its completly retared i have wasted or $200 buck getting the wrong stuff from them and to top it off they dont do refunds and its my only one out here bloody retarted i say..

Hhmmmm, If you're going to call someone retarded you should probably learn to spell it correctly...

As for the other question it seems to me the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" applies.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:42 PM

ever head of typen to fast buddy
i know how to spell im 20 not some dum kid
and that saying doesnt applie cause they ant fooling me they just dont know ****
Old 04-11-2007, 04:50 PM
benzzyo5

im 20 not some dum kid
and that saying doesnt applie cause they ant fooling me they just dont know ****

then why do you go back there?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:56 PM
LSTVega28

I have no idea *** you said. Heard about a thing called a periods? lol
Old 04-11-2007, 04:57 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: benzzyo5

im 20 not some dum kid

then why do you go back there?
Exactly my point.

Sounds "dum" to me to keep going back and to spend $200 at that.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:58 PM
LSTVega28

Ya....there is also towerhobbies.com.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:59 PM
spiftacu1ar

i type fast, but that doesnt mean i spell wrong (unless im using a keyboard with sticky keys), i just dont capitalize when in a rush.

i know how to spell im 20 not some dum kid
secondly, its dumb, not dum and i doubt thats a typo.

thirdly, you can't be too smart urself if you dont see how the saying applies. It applies b/c u said they've done it to you more than once. That means you knew they didnt know their stuff, but you listened to them anyways.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:24 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Well from now on I would tell you not to go back there or if you do go there insist on getting what you are asking for instead of taking there word for it.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:25 PM
97talontsi

which one do you go to?
was it at RCPitStop?

most and almost all hobby shops are like that.
when i went there and asked for some fuel
they were like fuel is fuel it dont matter what you get.
so then i asked them how much oil content is in that bottle.
they said all fuel have the same amount of oil
Old 04-11-2007, 05:35 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I agree, that's why we opened our own hobby shop. Most shops just want you to buy stuff and get out so you break your car and come back and buy more stuff you don't need, or they don't care about you if you bought something off the internet and then went there to get parts. It's terrible here in Dallas/Fort Worth, I never met such a bunch of rude people in all my life till I went into the hobby stores here, That was about the time I decided to start a hobby shop about a year and half ago, but I am learning from my customers and from on here that there is alot I need to learn still, but I have no problem admitting I am wrong or made a mistake or said something STUPID at some point. It's too bad there all so rude it ruins the industry and leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth. What a shame. I feel bad for you dude, that your stuck with those jerks, I would start buying on line exclusivly even if you have to wait a few days for parts at least you won't have to feel like you got crapped on when you left the store and let peeps know you had a bad experiance there every tiem you went in, crap on them.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 PM
97talontsi

^ Real talk
Old 04-11-2007, 05:56 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

LoL[sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-11-2007, 06:13 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah my LHS is exactly like that. Except im not dumb enough to but their wrong parts and prove them wrong in their face. I only fell for it once when a guy sold me a 66 tooth spur for my Maxx when the proper count is 70-72 teeth. Funny thing is, I paid $11 for the wrong spur and $4 for the right one
Old 04-11-2007, 06:22 PM
BicketyBam

I love my LHS. They know their stuff and if they don't know the answer they'll admit. Most of the time they sell me my stuff at Tower prices.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

That's good, doesn't happen very often, there is a shop in Denton Texas like that, good guys from what I hear. Long drive though, lol.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:29 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Wow, I must be one of the lucky ones. My LHS has knowledgable, friendly staff that are always willing to answer any quick question you may have or give a suggestion as to what fuel to run etc etc. They give a 10% discount to anyone that is a member of the local flying club (www.cloudclippers.org) or a member of a few other organizations (such as the local high school's Endeavor Academy's AIRSS group [Aerial Imaging Remote Sensing System] or CASA [Creston Aeronautical Space Administration]). I even met someone in the Beginner's forum (for planes) right here on RCU and forwarded him to the LHS here because they sell Omega 10% (for planes) for $9.99-$12.99 a gallon. My other LHS (about 20 miles farther than the first LHS) is pretty much your stereotypical LHS with people there in business to take your money.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Sjokoz

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Hhmmmm, If you're going to call someone retarded you should probably learn to spell it correctly...

As for the other question it seems to me the old saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" applies.
Well not everyone has english as their native tounge (?). This is an international forum. So dont expect everyone to write perfect english. Yes I realise the poster is from canada which is partially english and partially french if im not wrong. Not sure where in Canada Maple Ridge is from (English/French region). But still. If the poster can just make him self understandable then that shouldn't matter! He didn't attack you personally so why should you make a personal attack on him? And yea im not from the US or UK myself so my english is proberly not perfect. But I try my best!

But back to the question. Yea I can only agree on that saying. If the local LHS sounds like he has no idea what the hell he is talking about, why go back to him? Offcourse if he is the only LHS in the region then you should just stop listening to him and buy what you have been adviced to on this lovely forum. Either on ebay or through him. But I actually have kinda the same problem. The guy whom owns the (not so local) LHS doesnt really know alot about what he is selling. So this is why I frequent this forum and just ordered a new engine from ebay. Both because it is ALOT cheaper (320$ for a a STS D30M tuned by ABmods + a STS tuned pipe + S&H from the US to Denmark compared to around 400$ for a new K4.6 HPI Savage engine alone here in Denmark) and because I dont really trust the advice from the LHS.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:57 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way I look at it is like this. You have some LHS people that are fools, just as you have some internet forum people that are fools. There's also LHS people that are awesome, just as there's internet forum people that are awesome. It all balances itself out in the end.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM
-SomeGuy-

I used to walk into my ex-lhs and take a quick look at the freshly fixed savages sitting on the counter waiting for their owner to pick them up and more than once i had to tell the guy he made a mistake here and there. On top of it all they charge 40$ an hour for fixing or slapping on hop-ups. The only reason i still go now and then is because they kiss my arse everytime i walk in, when one of my friends goes they wont look at him twice unless they want to make sure hes not stealing stuff. But when im with him they call him sir, follow him around making sure he gets whats he needs, all this because on one occasion i plopped down a 900$ cash deposite for an order i placed, since then they call me "sir" with a [sm=greedy.gif] look on their face, not like the [sm=tired.gif] i used to get lol. The really funny part is when i go i tell other customers to check out ebay [sm=lol.gif].
Old 04-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Nathan9492

MY LHS has a grumpy old fart, with a little chinese wife that he orders around, hes grumpy, and very rude, and he has the crappiest stock of parts u could ever imagine . oh andhe makes his own car fuel with 20% oil [X(]

SHAME ON HIM
Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Dude that's funny as hel_l, I go to this place to get jeep parts and there used to be this grumpy old fart there, he was funny though, his check out counter was always covered with junk and he would take his arm and just wipe the whole pill of crap on the floor when he had to write a receipt old school style, LMAO.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:20 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Hahaha that made me laugh!
My hobby shop back home is pretty good. Very knowledgable and if THEY make a mistake then THEY get me the right part and pay for it. I can't believe after 200 bucks of wrong parts you still listen to them and buy parts from them. Thats just insane.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:38 PM
LSTVega28

Allaboutfunhobbies...you need to make a shop down hear in houston.....folks here aren't the brightest either [&:].....california had some awesome hobby shops!
Old 04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Nathan9492

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

Dude that's funny as hel_l, I go to this place to get jeep parts and there used to be this grumpy old fart there, he was funny though, his check out counter was always covered with junk and he would take his arm and just wipe the whole pill of crap on the floor when he had to write a receipt old school style, LMAO.
HAHAHAHAHAHHA, dang thats funny

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.