Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Nitro - any better now?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro - any better now?

I have been thinking about getting a HPi Savage for a little while and I miss the whole R/C hobby. I have had Nitros in the past and never really got on with them. these where a Kyosho Nitro Tracker and it was alright one one run, then when you started it again you would have to tinker with the needle. Thats why I moved to largescale and got myself a FG Marder Race 23cc, then I sold that after 6 months and brought a FG Monster Beetle 26cc and sold that after 4 months. You see what I really want is a Hormann HT2. All alloy race buggy, but at £1100. Thats a bit too steap for me at the minute. So I was thinking about getting a Savage for an interium period for me to muck about with and have some fun.

So what I would like to know, How have nitros come on since I had my Kyosho Nitro Tracker some 4/5 years ago? How ofteren do you have to keep adjusting the needles on the carb?

Cheers

Darren
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Nitro - any better now?

No.
Pretty much the same for the last 20 - 25 years or so. At least as far as tuning goes. The vehicles themselves have come a long way.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:30 PM
dazzahughesuk

That was to be expected I supose.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Rambler45

I never been in any nitro at all and am finding it rather easy to get into
Have Savage and Inferno, and I find them pretty easy to work with

Nowadays I just twitch one of the needle like at most 1/8 of a turn to get it right if needed and that it
The engine usually starts at the 3th to 4th pull.

Every cars/trucks have their own little failings which if you read thru the forum in here, you should be able to get thru them.
Get the Savage XSS which has most of the upgrade stuff which helps, and you get to build your truck which helps to understand where everything goes, all you need is a radio, and better servo for the steering