Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage XSS questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 11:54 AM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage XSS questions

Next week I will be placing an order in for this kit - looking forward to making it.

My question is about radio gear and servos.

I have a Futuba 3PK that I used for largescale as you kinda needed digital servos to fun without any servo clitching right. I did not really want to the 3pk with this savage so was thinking about buying a HPi radio gear. advice on this.

what servos do I need. Hitec HS645MG ?? two of these or not?

cheers

Darren

Old 05-05-2007, 12:43 PM
ravenlunatic

Default RE: Savage XSS questions

i'd say stick with futaba. maybe a magnum jr. as for servos the hitecs will be fine.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:11 PM
dazzahughesuk

Default RE: Savage XSS questions

Those servos I mentioned above are anologue, so won't work correctly and will burn out with the 3pk.

So I would have to get the HS5945MG which is Metal geared, high torque and digital. I don't really have the budget for digital servos at the minute, thats why I was thinking of getting the HPi AM transmitter and receiver and get some Anologue servos.