Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HB-Lightning GT10-Help w/Dogbones

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:10 AM
junator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HB-Lightning GT10-Help w/Dogbones

Hello-

Here is the situation- I have the HB Lightning GT10 and I've loved the performance of it the entire time I've owned it. Just recently I've had a problem with the back right dogbone popping out when bashing it. I've gone through 2 CVDs, numerous dogbones and just unhappy with the performance lately. If anyone has suggestions on the following I would greatly appreciate it:

1- Is there a reason that only that one side is giving me problems? What can I do to fix this problem?
2- What other dogbones can I use? I've tried one by Team Associated but the pins were to big on the ends of the bones.
3- Should I go with CVDs again? I know CEN makes one that fits perfectly and is a lot beefier than the one's I had before.
4- Any other suggestions on parts that would fit my truck besides HB parts? I usually go online to amainhobbies for gt10 parts and don't like waiting for the shipping.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:44 PM
nxk2000

Default RE: HB-Lightning GT10-Help w/Dogbones

Are your dogbones braking or just poping out?

If you haven't seen this post I have talked about my troubles with the dogbones. [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5820808/tm.htm]Upgrades and dogbone troubles[/link]
Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 PM
junator

Thanks for the reply. I've had both happen, the dogbone breaking and the dogbone popping out. In one bash session I lost 3 dogbone! I have also broke 2 cvds as well. I'll check out my truck and see what I can do.

What other suggestions do you have? I want to know how your solution worked for you?

Thanks again in advance.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:04 PM
nxk2000

You may double check to see if the rubber o-ring isn’t missing. If you look inside the cups there should be a small o-ring to prevent the dogbone from moving around to much. If you don’t have them you can cut some fuel line to fit in place of them.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:58 AM
junator

Yea, the rubber o-rings were still in there. I did adjust the turnbuckle linkages and that helped quite a bit with the dogbone wanting to come out of the cups. I'll give that a go and see how it performs and I'll go from there. Thanks again for the info.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:18 AM
rclynx

How are the bearings in the hub? and how's the hub where the bonz pop out, or your camber adjustment......................those all can cause bonz to pop out[&o]
Old 07-19-2007, 11:23 PM
junator

The bearings I've replaced and the rear hub seems fine. I did adjust the camber so that the bone sits in there tighter. I'm going to try and run it and see how it performs.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
junator

So I ran it, hard at that, took a ton of beating and... dogbone is still in there!!! Thanks for the help.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:44 PM
nxk2000

Just by eyeballing mine it looks like it’s at 2 degrees negative camber. Where are you at?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:37 PM
junator

I'm actually sitting on more camber. Maybe 2-4 degrees???