Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

STS pullstarts

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:32 PM
RC_BEAST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STS pullstarts

my second pullstart on my new sts just broke and i was wondering if theres a better solution.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:50 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: STS pullstarts

Get the roto start, I didnt wait for the hassle to get to me, when I bought my engine I sold the P/S unit right away and got the roto backplate
Old 07-17-2007, 06:55 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I do not have a problem with the pull starter on my STS 28 so far. What engine do you have? My other 3 STS engines are for my buggy, which uses a starter box.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:17 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I tool say get the roto, but that is only my opinion. If you want to keep the pull starter, the only thing I can suggest make sure your STS engine is fully broken in to relieve any stresses caused by the high pinch and use the roto while your engine still has a high pinch. Then reinstall the the PS unit back on after the engine is fully broken in.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 PM
46u

I do not understand why people have problems with the pull starter as I am breaking in my STS 28 with one and do not have a problem. Now other then my buggy all my RC trucks and cars are pull starter. I have had very little problems with them. Now I will say you have to make sure you do not pull the cord out to far which most of the time is why people mess them up. [X(]
Old 07-18-2007, 02:40 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

pre-heat your engine before starting. Beyond that, this is essentially a race engine with a VERY tight pinch...the pullstarts don't suck, it's just that the engine is too tight for it unless you preheat it.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 AM
46u

I am bad as I just take for granite that all preheat a new engine when breaking in! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]