Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

sts engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 08:54 AM
-whitey-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sts engines

i have a chance to get an sts .30 engine for $82 should i get the engine , because i dont wanna get the engine if it only lasts for year and if anything happens is there a warrenty?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: sts engines

Have no idea where you are getting it but like most high performance engines including RB, OS, Novarossi and so on do not have a warranty. About the only RC engine that has a warranty are sports engines. As far how long will it last all depends on how you break it in and take care of it. I do not have a STS 20 but do have the STS 28, (2) STS D21B and a D21T MKII and like them a lot. One of my STS D21B with around 5 gallons on it still running great.

Yes OS sports engines have a warranty but there high performance ones like the TZ and V spec do not.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go ahead and get it. I got mine for $99 when the Rev2's came out but I dont care honestly. Still havent broken it in but I took all the necessary precautions which everyone should take with an STS since their assembling can be a bit faulty in the carbs. Just make sure you flush with ARO, seal it, and if you want to seal the LSN which can give you trouble with teflon tape or Associated green slime. I should be breaking it in around next weekend or so, I cant wait![8D] For $82 I wouldnt hesitate, Id buy another one for my T-maxx![8D] Tom.

Oh and I'm not sure if STS offers an official warranty on their engines, but most people who have had trouble with their carbs/engines have gotten their parts replaced for free.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:30 PM
SAVAGEJIM

STS does back up their engine, I speak from first hand experience. My very first STS engine, the D28M 3port, had a faulty carb and exhibited the classic run-away from the LSN being way too lean (it leaked their like crazy). I called STS and got a new carb; all the problems went away.

If anyone with an STS gets an engine with a poorly machine carb, and you are not willing to sent it back in for fear of waiting with a down truck, you can alternatively get a short plug (example: OS #8) and put it on ther. This is only a band-aid fix and your engine will not produce power to its full designd potential. As another alternative, you can get an Axial big lock carb and slap that on and your LSN run-awan engine nightmares should go away too.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:17 PM
-whitey-

thanks for the feed back anyone else have anything to say?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:15 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yo have a link for that axial carb. I am having trouble with my carn right now and that might help.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:45 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPDX5&P=Z
Old 07-29-2007, 12:32 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Wow! $45! That is quite a step price. Tower will give a coupon code to RCU memebers, right?

For the moment, I'll make special note to take good care of my carbs so I will not have to buy a new one.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:47 PM
-whitey-

turns out my friend got the price wrong so im not going to get it