Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Picco .27- anyone still or used to have one?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Picco .27- anyone still or used to have one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Wizz Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picco .27- anyone still or used to have one?

anyone with experience on this motor? the picco .27 with the green head? my friend got one a couple years back and barely got through the break in. recently i got it back and running so he can sell his savage. the high end ran really good with good smoke. the low end had a nasty dead spot. i could not find the sweet spot on the low end to rid of the dead spot. could it be an air leak? he oiled it real well while it sat so no rust formed.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:27 PM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: Picco .27- anyone still or used to have one?

Im still running one and have a new one sitting in its box.

Dont know what to tell you though as mine has been trouble free except for user mistakes back when i first got it. If you like i can get you the factory settings later when i get home.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Wizz Kid

that would be a great start. he has the book but i never got a chance to look at it.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:26 AM
-SomeGuy-

Ok i just went through the manual and there are no factory settings [] sorry. Seal it just in case, it wont hurt. I can tell you that the LSN likes to be on the rich side. Go back to flush and go from there. Check the plug, you might need a new one.

Good luck.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Wizz Kid

the plug was silver shiny, and i had both needles back out to almost 5 turns. i guess i'll seal it and see. do i just need to seal the carb?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:47 AM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Wizz Kid

the plug was silver shiny, and i had both needles back out to almost 5 turns. i guess i'll seal it and see. do i just need to seal the carb?
Rule of thumb...and also good practice would be to seal everything. Carb, Fuel fitting, backing plate, etc. You're already there and already have the engine out.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:28 PM
-SomeGuy-

The LSN likes to be around 7.5 turns out. On my 28 its the same, the LSN went richer if anything after break in.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:18 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Wizz Kid

anyone with experience on this motor? the picco .27 with the green head? my friend got one a couple years back and barely got through the break in. recently i got it back and running so he can sell his savage. the high end ran really good with good smoke. the low end had a nasty dead spot. i could not find the sweet spot on the low end to rid of the dead spot. could it be an air leak? he oiled it real well while it sat so no rust formed.

I never had any Picco engines, I only read about them and know some of the design specs of the .21 P7.

For this .27ci pico, can you disassemble it and post pics of the sleeve ports and the crank? If possible, I am curious what the internal passage ways look like if you are able to take pics of those too.