Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

World's Fastest RC Monster Truck is...........................

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

World's Fastest RC Monster Truck is...........................

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:40 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: World's Fastest RC Monster Truck is...........................

ORIGINAL: SpikeX

Some nitro airplane engines already have something close to fuel injection...
Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades. Seriously though, it's mechanical FI and not electrical/computer controlled right? You'd be better off with a carb if the injection is mechanical. Mechanical FI isn't even close to being as accurate or efficient as electrical FI. Just my $.02.

The bad thing about mechanical FI is that is is hard to control part throttle and idle fuel metering.....it's really only good at WOT. Any 1:1 drag racers here that have experience with these setups know what I'm talking about. Anyways, that's one reason why mechanical FI went by the wayside in mass produced vehicles.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:04 AM
SpikeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, what I saw was electronically controlled. There were sensors placed around the engine, and the computer would monitor those and slightly adjust the tune of the engine. It was an airplane engine, so EFI was a good idea because the air temperature, pressure, etc. changes in flight. It was a Graupner engine I think...
Old 08-21-2007, 01:38 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

it was the OS 1.60 FX-FI. it was an electronic system
Old 08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's pretty sweet.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:21 AM
narn

The thing with with multi-cylinder 2-stroke nitros is that each piston would have to have its own sealed section of the crankcase and intake, otherwise the pressure in the crankcase would be wrong for the mixture to be forced into the engine. If you had a twin cylinder nitro (without a two separate sections in the crankcase) and the pistons were opposite each other, as they would be to make the engine smoother, the pressure in the engine would stay the same as one piston went up and one came down. Therefore the mixture would not get into the chamber, and the engine wouldn't run.
If you used some kind of forced induction (that varied the pressure by throttle opening not engine speed or the amount of exhaust) to replace the crankcase pressure, then it would work. But it would also be over-complicated and probably heavy, so yeah.

EDIT: Thinking about it, if you could get some kind of forced induction that varied the pressure by throttle opening not engine speed or the amount of exhaust (yes I did copy and paste that ) to work, you could put the intake directly connected to the exhaust port, sealing off the crankcase and using a separate lubrication system (oil in the case), you could take the oil out of the fuel.

Sorry for rambling...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:18 AM
HeatFire

supertib.. the electrics wont be heavier.. atleast not much.. but sure it's sterile.. well i mostly like electrics in R/C aircrafts since the weight dont shift when you are flying since the battery will have the same weight

im thinking 2 cylinders with 1 carb off some sort or well atleast something making them less hard to tune then the 2 engine config ppl use now
Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
llkoolskillet

Found this old thread to be interesting
Old 01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Donovanholroyd

Very interesting to read. Many people said you would never see a 100 mph rtr but they exist both brushless and nitro.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Borneoben

i have seen the 100mph brushless RTR but i haven't seen a Nitro 100mph RTR?

can you post a link?