Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

No substitue for....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:37 PM
cord arrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No substitue for....

...experience. Getting ready to race the savy, got it set up pretty good I think.
Spend the better part of a gallon one Saturday learning "the ropes" at a track best suited for 1/10 scale.
Can't do the doubles, no room, learn how to get through these sections the best of my ability. Pretty proud of myself at this point...

Fella there, a regular, races nitro oval & buggy, wants to run the Savy, never has run a MT. Well why not? Have at it.

Proceeds to tear this little track a new butt...clears every double by the second lap...dust & dirt flyin' a mile high. Fun to watch.

Hands me back the Futataba, says "too soft. more preload if ya got it. go 35 - 40 on your shock oil. man, this thing rocks."

Oh well..............

Old 08-29-2007, 09:10 PM
cord arrow

Default RE: No substitue for....

I might mention....track's brand new, been there about two weeks....
Old 08-29-2007, 09:20 PM
cord arrow

And, he did compliment me on my linkage/ATL/ABS set-up....ain't I proud...
Old 08-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Vigilante212

linkage ATL ABS?. Yea when I first raced my savage it was full speed all out until I hit the corner then I would use my brakes and go tumbling accross the other lanes lol. One suggestion use your brakes only when you absolutly have to. Its better to let off the gas and just feather the throttle through a turn youll slow down less and can get on the gas quicker. If you have a tight track Use thicker rear diff fluid and thinner front try 5k front and 10k rear.