Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

bent dog-bone

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:53 PM
maxximillion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bent dog-bone

was wondering if i could still use my front right dog-bone evan though it's bent, it still works and is connectefd to everything, it's just not straight anymore.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:37 PM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: bent dog-bone

Make it as straight as possible and use till you either get a replacement or it breaks. Some would say to chuck it cuz the bend will cause wobble and could lead to damage on other parts but im more of a "if it still works then im going to use it" kind of guy.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
myrcsupply

I dont recommend it, you may tare something else up becuase of binding on the shaft.
Best if you replace it or have a spare on hand when it does finally give out.

The stock shafts are not the best metals, and they fatigue really easy from being bent/straitened.

if your running any good amount of power through your drivetrain, rest assured that bone will be gone fast.

I hope this helps.

keep us informed.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Rexzilla

I pull mine out if they are bent and straighten them on my anvil, have been doing so for ages, I always check the ends first to make sure that they are not cracked.

From my own experience go with the standard black dog bones, the HD silver ones break to easily, some of my black ones have over half a turn of twist in them and are still going strong
Old 08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
monsterT

I agree with Rex. I had HD dog bones and lasted a tank or 2 before one snapped. Now I'm back to stock ones, they're cheaper and do flex not like the HD.