Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Screw Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:59 PM
ERK419

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw Question

I got a SAVAGE x 4.6 RTR and the screws suck there really weak. So far I have snapped one in half and bent two. I was wondering if they sell whole screw sets for my Savage that are a lot stronger. If so were could I purchase them. I would like a whole set like that would replace them all if they make such a thing.

Thanks
Eric
Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Screw Question

this is for the x
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRNN8&P=7

and this is for the x 4.6 RTR
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTBL0&P=SM

there is one more place I'm gonna check.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 PM
ERK419

Thanks bud, will this replace every screw that is on my Savage right now.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 PM
mazdab2600

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ERK419

Thanks bud, will this replace every screw that is on my Savage right now.

thats good i found it on ebay as well.
yeh there enough to replace them and then lot left over.

same as the first link pythonfan gave you hpi031.for the x
http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Screwz-Stainl...em320154876142

Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
doesgo

Few hardware kits replace EVERY screw/fastener, they usually omit oddball stuff like stepped screws and sometimes flanged-head screws, but most of the stuff is there and extras of most sizes are almost always included.

That said, I'd stay away from stainless steel screws if I were you. Get the black-oxide high-strengh steel screws, they're much stronger. I've been more stainless screws than I care to think about but after switching to the good stuff I never bend them anymore.

Here's another [link=http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_28&products_id=79]Savage hardware kit[/link] with the good screws for a couple bucks less than the stainless kits.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:36 PM
mazdab2600

ORIGINAL: doesgo

Few hardware kits replace EVERY screw/fastener, they usually omit oddball stuff like stepped screws and sometimes flanged-head screws, but most of the stuff is there and extras of most sizes are almost always included.

That said, I'd stay away from stainless steel screws if I were you. Get the black-oxide high-strengh steel screws, they're much stronger. I've been more stainless screws than I care to think about but after switching to the good stuff I never bend them anymore.

Here's another [link=http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_28&products_id=79]Savage hardware kit[/link] with the good screws for a couple bucks less than the stainless kits.

i notice in all the kits i didn't see the bumper screws. the ones that go into the brace's.
got any good links for those screw?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
ERK419

ORIGINAL: mazdab2600

i notice in all the kits i didn't see the bumper screws. the ones that go into the brace's.

Those are the two that I need as of right now. One broke off in the brace and on the other side its bent. The other screw that I noticed is bent is the long one that is in the handle or what ever it called that the roll cage that protects the heat sink screws on to.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: doesgo

i don't, but i snaked a set of complete front and back bumpers, with those little braces for 4 dollars, cause i can't find the replacement ones anywhere. i can look for those screws, for u.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:42 PM
doesgo

"i notice in all the kits i didn't see the bumper screws. the ones that go into the brace's. got any good links for those screw?"

The ones that attach the bumper itself to the braces? Those are M3x18mm and can be found [link=http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_46_48&products_id=70]here[/link]. The SMF Store kit includes them.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 PM
mazdab2600

ORIGINAL: ERK419

Those are the two that I need as of right now. One broke off in the brace and on the other side its bent. The other screw that I noticed is bent is the long one that is in the handle or what ever it called that the roll cage that protects the heat sink screws on to.
if the screw is still in there.
take the brace off and trim the end to remove it. just enough to get some vise grips on it. thats what i did and it saved me from buying the whole bumper kit.

thanks for the screw kit from smf.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:57 PM
ERK419

I guess I could try that because there is a little are that sticks out that goes into the front bumper, I'd be able to trim a little off to get to the screw and still have enough were it would still pop in the front bumper. Thats a good idea thanks for the info. What did you use to trim it down?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 PM
mazdab2600

just a hobby knife.just the tip that went into the bumper.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 PM
ERK419

Thanks a lot bud you have been very helpful tonight.