Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

e savage vs e maxx

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:33 PM
shauneboy36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e savage vs e maxx

i am new to the rc world and wondering if anyone had any ideas about what one is better 4 racing and general bashing
thx
Old 09-13-2007, 12:39 AM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: e savage vs e maxx

ORIGINAL: shauneboy36

i am new to the rc world and wondering if anyone had any ideas about what one is better 4 racing and general bashing
thx
I like both myself I've owned both.. I prefer the E-maxx over the E-savage.. The Maxx has a larger following plus you have tons more parts options available for the Maxx and the Maxx is bigger, Not to say that the E-Savage want have more parts for it in the future but for now the Maxx wins in the upgrade department As for when I owned my E-Maxx I never did upgrade it and I never did break anything on all the time I owned it. Some say the E-Savage is faster than the Maxx I'm not sure if it is or not I didnt own both at the same time. The E-Savage is smaller than the Maxx and that's one thing I didnt like about the E-Savage when I got it. I drove the E-Savage twice and sold it on ebay.. I just wasnt inpressed with the quality of the parts myself. I may just be to picky I dont know... I do know this I'll be ordring a new E-Maxx in the next couple months. My vote goes to the E-Maxx
Old 09-13-2007, 10:07 PM
shauneboy36

thx a lot 4 the advise. i really was not sure and i was all the parts that were available 4 the maxx and i think that may be the way i am leaning. thx again
Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 PM
mdh1979

Don't do it! The E-Savage is the better truck! Ask anyone on any forum, even the Traxxas guys say the E-Maxx is inferior. The E-Savage may not have the aftermarket support of the Maxx but it's the better truck to begin with. You would have to spend a couple hundred on an E-Maxx just to make it as fast and durable as a stock E-Savvy. I'm suprised no one else has chimed in on this... maybe it's because it's been discussed to death already.

Matt
Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
generis

well.. there are alot of e-sav upgrades now, E-sav beats e-max in almost every department except the max is half inch longer and wider, also heavier. E-sav's dont break when bashed hard into curbs (experience) and there is a great community for the e-sav now at e-savage.com You can't go wrong there, and the price and bear you get is good quality. Every RC needs some type of upgrade, and the e-sav is no different, but you start with a really strong truck. Have both, and prefer the e-sav by far.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 AM
kostaktinos_mt

second that... had an emaxx for 2.5years, and currently own an ezilla/esavage for the past 2years... the esavage gets my vote with no second thoughts...
Old 09-27-2007, 06:39 AM
rhylsadar

hi

i would still say that there are very few meaningful upgrades for the e sav. imo meaningful = makes the truck stronger for more powerful motors. that excludes all the bling bling alumium shiny stuff. thats kind of a puzzling i think.

but stock the e savage is superior to the e maxx, which is no surprise as it is newer model.
if i would go for an e maxx today i would buy t maxx 3.3 and sell all the nitro-stuff and convert it to an e maxx "3.3" so to say. but here s another puzzle. why is traxxas not already out with an updated e maxx. well nobody knows for sure.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 09-27-2007, 04:38 PM
PedeBeater

I know a person that has owned a e-maxx for a while now. He has spent so much money on it and he still worries he about breaking things every time he drives it. I am not saying it is a bad truck because I kinda like it.

But I am planning on buying an e-savage soon and as soon as I do I will share my experience.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
BJM-Maxx

ORIGINAL: PedeBeater

I know a person that has owned a e-maxx for a while now. He has spent so much money on it and he still worries he about breaking things every time he drives it. I am not saying it is a bad truck because I kinda like it.

But I am planning on buying an e-savage soon and as soon as I do I will share my experience.
Count me in that camp. I have upgraded everything on my E-Maxx and things break all the time, I am using most of the T-Maxx 3.3 suspension pieces and they still have problems. It drives really well but its fragile. I am in the middle of selling it right now. I plan to get a Savage X SS kit without motor and make it electric.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
PedeBeater

I have seen savages that have been converted and they look awsome!

Brushless right?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:03 AM
rhylsadar

if you upgrade "everything" on your maxx and still break it on a regulary basis then you have either upgraded the "wrong" parts and/or with the wrong brands.

converted nitro savys are nice! i second that.

bye
rhylsadar