Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage noob/tranny removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:43 PM
megamaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage noob/tranny removal

what is the simplest way to get the tranny out of this truck(savy.25),or is tearing it down completely from the rear bulk assy/engine plate the simplest way?also if i have to take the rear assy out of it along with the engine plate,should i drop in a freshly broken in wasp.28 or leave the new 4.1 in it?this truck has the 4 spider diffs,and i am dropping the 4.6 tranny in it..
Old 09-14-2007, 06:16 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: savage noob/tranny removal

Do you mean that you are dropping a three speed tranny in it? I'd personally keep the 4.1 and use it till it's worn down then swap 'er out, but that's up to you.

The easiest way I found to take the tranny out is take the wheels off one side of the truck, remove the screws at the bottom of the innermost shocks on the same side that you took the wheels off of, remove the TVP, then flip it over and remove all the screws securing the tranny to the other TVP and to the engine plate. You might have to remove the engine as well; I don't remember if you do or not.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:27 PM
megamaxx

i am dropping a two speed backin it ,i got it from nitronutzz on ebay,WIFE wouldnt let me spring for the 3 spd.and i was mistaken its not a 4.6 tranny its an x.i am really trying to find a comparison between the 4.1 and the wasp28,
Old 09-14-2007, 06:31 PM
mazdab2600

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

i am dropping a two speed backin it ,i got it from nitronutzz on ebay,WIFE wouldnt let me spring for the 3 spd.and i was mistaken its not a 4.6 tranny its an x.i am really trying to find a comparison between the 4.1 and the wasp28,
the 4.1 is a .25 engine.
your bumpin up to a .28.
if its like my jump from the 4.1 to the lrp spec3. your wife will be trying to smack that stupid grip off your face.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:39 PM
megamaxx

i get that stupid grin everytime i fire one of these bad boys up.god i love the smell of nitro,but back to the subject at hand,i broke the wasp in on a FLM.21 conv t-maxx[sm=thumbs_down.gif]with 40 series wheels and that engine does not seem to like that set up,it just seems to be screaming,savage,SAVAGE!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:47 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: megamaxx

it just seems to be screaming,savage,SAVAGE!!!!
Well then you better give it what it wants.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:50 AM
megamaxx

after agood nights sleep,ive decided while i have got it apart the .28 is going in
Old 09-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Vigilante212

Should only have to take out 10 screws to get the tranny out. 4 per side and the 2 on the engine plate.