Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Problems with Wheels coming off

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Jatohulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Wheels coming off

Hello everyone need a little help here please.. I was running my Savage X today and I have for tires and wheels these :Axial Oversize Terra-izers Tire and Axial 8-Spoke Oversize Wheel Chrome. Well I was having a blast and almost towards the end of the day left front wheel came off it was funny at first but I was driving fast and all of a sudden the left came off and the Savage X was skidding on it axle.. I found all the peaces the flang nut and the hub that holds the wheel to the wheel axle shaft. I tighten once more and I was running it and it came off again. I took a close look at the flang nut and it have little ridges like to hook on but the rim does not have this ridge as well to lock on but is this is the problem then why do the other wheel this does not happen only the left front wheel..

Thanks
Old 09-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Vigilante212

Default RE: Problems with Wheels coming off

You should tighten it down so the little flanges dig into the plastic a bit. It could be that the nylon insert is worn out in the nut also its what prevents the nut from coming loose.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Jatohulk

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

You should tighten it down so the little flanges dig into the plastic a bit. It could be that the nylon insert is worn out in the nut also its what prevents the nut from coming loose.
Yea the little nylon in the nut it looked worn out. But the flanges will not dig good in to those RIMS... The original rims from HPI had little grooves... Vigilante a good Tires Rim combo for the Savage X I use it to bash all over the place???

Thanks
Old 09-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Vigilante212

I bought some hellfire dish rims that were black they came in 17mm hex size. I can get the little ridges to dig into the plasic on them never once had one come off . You can try a little blue locktite for a temporary fix, but you should buy some new nuts. and make sure to let the locktite dry overnight or it wont hold.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Jatohulk

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

I bought some hellfire dish rims that were black they came in 17mm hex size. I can get the little ridges to dig into the plasic on them never once had one come off . You can try a little blue locktite for a temporary fix, but you should buy some new nuts. and make sure to let the locktite dry overnight or it wont hold.
So if you bought the Hellfire dish Rims what tires did you use???