Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hellfire Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellfire Questions

Hey guys I am just curious to know....Is the Hellfire as durable as the Savage? I am looking at getting one either by trade or just purchase and hadn't heard anything about them.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Vigilante212

Default RE: Hellfire Questions

No. Not saying it not a good truck, but that its a truggy an no truggy is ever going to be as strong as a savvy unless they stick side plates on them.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Bash-m-up

This is true, I am aware of this too. I just didn't know if the arms and drivetrain are as well. I am assuming that it is as it is the same company, so the plastics should be the same, the metal components should be as well, but just didn't know for sure. I've had Duratrax vehicles though that were very reliable and then had some that were just junk, you would have thought that they were made by two different companies. Same goes with some of the Traxxas vehicles, as well as Losi. I just didn't know for sure with HPI, I've had their RS4, Savage 25, and Nitro MT, now the X. The first two were great, my X is great, but the MT wasn't so, I prefered the Traxxas Stampede and the Duratraxx Maximum MT over it. I didn't want to have that type of experience with the Hellfire, wishing I would have gotten an OFNA, Losi, or CEN.[:@]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I am a HPI man and own 4 of there vehicles but if I where to get a truggy it sure would not be the Hell Fire. If I could affords it I would get the Hyper ST Pro Kit.
http://www.hobao-racing.com/off_road_truggies.php
Ofna imports the Hobao vehicles.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Bash-m-up

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. Just wasn't sure but I had my suspicions.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the hell fire isnt that bad.........for the track it isnt the best choice simply becuase its not very consitant but durrablity wise its a tough truggy........but only if its the SS hellfire.............

if u know how to drive and how to handle ur trigger finger u can bash the hell out of it........as you land flat (like this any other truggy) ull be fine.........plus truggies hand very well in air (alot better than a savage)

if its a RTR truggy ur looknig for yes the hyper st is good........but i persnaly like the kyosho ST US SPORTS better comes with a awsome radio and is basically a down graded version of there ST-R seires (witch can be upgraded little by little instead of haveing a to blow the big money of front) if u buy a ST you can upgrade it to ST-R spec's with about 350-400 bucks threw the ebay chop shops and have one of the single best truggies on the market its 399 RTR

if money isnt a issue tho.........and u have alot of cash to spend..........the LOSI 8IGHT is the best band for the buck.......its completely race legal out of the box comes with spectrum and drives awsome.........plus it can take one hell of a bashing to!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Bash-m-up

I was looking at the 8ight. I noticed though, for the money, the Jammin is better built in it's RTR form. The eight had way too much flex in it, the kit version is awesome, but rtr it was really cheapened in comparison. I really do want to go RTR but for the right one I will go kit, the Jammin was actually the best RTR I have seen so far, mind you I haven't seen them all, but I am really wanting to stick with what my LHS has parts readily available for. Thats the HPI, OFNA, Losi, and some Kyosho's. Racing is going to be in it future so that's what I was wanting to know. Everybody uses the Jammin at the track but I also know that they haven't ever tried anything else, it's just that the Jammin's is all that tracks shop caters to as far as parts are concerned. Just wanting to break from the norm, money isn't really an issue, but I don't want to blow a fortune on a truggy either, I'm a bit tight when it comes to this stuff, I really want bang for buck, not buck for bang....I hope you know what I mean. I'm not trying to start a flame war here when I say this, but it's like the savage, bang for buck it's the best I have had right out of the box, but you can mod the hell out of a lot of the other MT's as well as a Savage and then suddenly it's not at the top of my list no more. But bang for buck, it is the best in my book and this is why after owning just about everything out there, I still have a Savage, but the Nemesis almost stayed in it's place.[&:]
Old 10-02-2007, 01:50 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

I was looking at the 8ight. I noticed though, for the money, the Jammin is better built in it's RTR form. The eight had way too much flex in it, the kit version is awesome, but rtr it was really cheapened in comparison. I really do want to go RTR but for the right one I will go kit, the Jammin was actually the best RTR I have seen so far, mind you I haven't seen them all, but I am really wanting to stick with what my LHS has parts readily available for. Thats the HPI, OFNA, Losi, and some Kyosho's. Racing is going to be in it future so that's what I was wanting to know. Everybody uses the Jammin at the track but I also know that they haven't ever tried anything else, it's just that the Jammin's is all that tracks shop caters to as far as parts are concerned. Just wanting to break from the norm, money isn't really an issue, but I don't want to blow a fortune on a truggy either, I'm a bit tight when it comes to this stuff, I really want bang for buck, not buck for bang....I hope you know what I mean. I'm not trying to start a flame war here when I say this, but it's like the savage, bang for buck it's the best I have had right out of the box, but you can mod the hell out of a lot of the other MT's as well as a Savage and then suddenly it's not at the top of my list no more. But bang for buck, it is the best in my book and this is why after owning just about everything out there, I still have a Savage, but the Nemesis almost stayed in it's place.[&:]
You and I are in the same boat..(and seem to think quite similarly about price/quality..) I think I finally want to take the racing plunge... Based on what one hears, no way would I even consider a Hellfire..

I REALLY want the 8T Race Roller. For some very odd reason, it's about the only RC product I know of that doesn't cost significantly more here in Germany than in the US, despite the current exchange rate.. €400..... I've also been drifting further and furhter away from HPI, and into the Losi camp.. LST2 is just better than a Savage in every way I'm afraid.. Still love Savages, but good is good... Anyway, there's a lot of positive stuff out there right now about the Hyper ST's too - I'd consider the Pro kit of that as well.. For a budget truggy, the Thunder Tiger ST-1 has a very excellent rep - less than 400 bones at A-main for the RTR... Hasn't Jammin just come out with the new CRT V2 or whatever?? Guess it's too early to get much feedback on it.....
Old 10-02-2007, 02:03 AM
Bash-m-up

Yeah, I don't know anyone with one of those, they haven't been out that long either. I had considered the TT but parts availability held me back. Wish you luck as well.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:23 AM
Jatohulk

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

No. Not saying it not a good truck, but that its a truggy an no truggy is ever going to be as strong as a savvy unless they stick side plates on them.
Sorry Vigilante but thats not correct the Xray XT8 is strong than the Savage X. I have seen it for myself..
Old 10-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Briansshop

I've got an RTR Hellfire and am very happy w/it.Once you upgrade the shock towers & braces for them it will take a beating pretty good.Lately I'm finding that I have less trouble w/the Hellfire simply because it's SO MUCH easier to control.The X is a handful when getting crazy and I seem to break it alot.When I say crazy, I mean 30ft gaps and 10ft of air.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Vigilante212

Dont get the eight-t. They go through clutchbell bearing like once a week, the steering gets sloppy really fast also. Alot of people I race with ran the eight-t this year I think almost all of them sold it.