Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:28 PM
THE BASHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes

hi my savage x 4.6 arrived today and i cant wait to run it but i am having some trouble getting the brakes to work i have tried every thing i can think of but it still moves so if any body could help it would be great thanks jay
Old 10-16-2007, 03:04 PM
azzman

Default RE: brakes

I would start by moving the brake lever by hand to see if they work (not with radio). If they do then its an adjustment problem, if they dont then its a brake problem and you may have to pull it apart a bit...or at least get underneathe and have a look...do the pads move when you pull on the lever (try the lever both ways)? If not then check the screws arent loose (the ones that hold the pads) pull the brake pads off and check if the lever has been assembled correctly.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:36 PM
THE BASHER

adjusting the screws on the pads has helped a bit but it is still not locking on
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 PM
under pressure

i bent the brake lever at a 45'angle to get better brake action works great ...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:05 AM
smalltownsavage

I did the same. I bent the shaft back just a little so it hit the brakes more efficiantly, now if I slam on them hard enough, the front diff will start poppin'