Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What's with people are they jealous?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
RSHOE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's with people are they jealous?

My fricken neighbor came out at 3:30pm yesterday to complain about my truck. "Is this guy serious"?
The rest of my neighbors run there lawn mowers, weed wackers and there's a busy road at the top of my
Street where large trucks run there air brakes. He looked pissed like the sound of the truck was drilling
A hole through his skull. I told him I never run it after 5pm and I mainly run it on the weekends so what's
The problem. My other neighbors love it and last I checked it's a free world and there's no law against running it at 3:30 in the afternoon.
So I have one solution………………. I'm putting on the ribbed pipe and running the crap out of my truck
Up and down my street. I'll post back later probably from the station after this guy puts his hands on me and
I have to lay him out.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:42 AM
-EXTRA-

Default RE: What's with people are they jealous?

haha he just want's something to complain at and yea sounds like you have a resonable solution
Old 10-18-2007, 11:42 AM
fighttheban

lol RSHOE wat a loser try the ribbed pipe it may be quieter but IMO theres no point buying it for 1 neighbour! hes probly real nice maybe u can persuade him by letting him have a go eh!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:02 PM
RSHOE

I have a ribbed pipe already but haven't really used it cause it is loud. This guy is a jerk,
He parks in front of my house all the time when he has a perfectly fine 2 car driveway
And I never say anything. The one time I park in front of his house he complained.
The ribbed pipe will fix him. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:06 PM
DaveG55

"any other suggestions"

Start parking in front of his house...

There are lots of things you could do. Both legal and not. Guess it depends on how big a war you want to start.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 PM
RSHOE

I'll start with the ribbed pipe just to make a point that I can run it during the daytime
LEGALLY and he's being a jerk. Not to mention he lets his dog crap on everyone's
Lawns. My other neighbors throws it back on his….. LMAO.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
performancehobbies

screw that call the police and see what they think ,,,is there a early sound ordinance in your area..?

better yet put a c-vec or stainless steel pipe on and let him feel the speed,,,lol

or put a crap engine on and run it with no pipe ---OHH or better yet cut one end of the pipe completely off like a old school motorcycle pipe,,,like a horn,,,that would be tight ...

i dont put up with neighbors ,,,everyone pays the same taxes on the street ,he dont get a special say what he wants pass...!

when i have a problem i call the police ...but could be diff for me my wife is a cop...lol

most sound ordinances dont take place till 10 pm ,,,,so have fun its your truck and your house ,,,just drive closer when he's talking to you ,,,

guys who act like that are the same guys who will have there tree's cut at 8am on a saturday and act like nothing happened
Old 10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
performancehobbies

poop in his yard.....lol or on his porch...omg roflol
Old 10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
RSHOE

Your absolutley right and this guy does have an atitude that needs adjusting.
I'm an adult and he probably watched what he said to me but I'd hate to see a
Kid out there playing with his or her truck and have this guy rip into them.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:38 PM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: performancehobbies

how about in a bag on fire, then knock on door and run[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: gamesbeer1

ORIGINAL: performancehobbies

how about in a bag on fire, then knock on door and run[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
nahh get a hallmark card that sings happy birthday, and drop it in put a note on the front saying: have a ***** day then light in on fire hit the door bell and run.

or do the proper thing, go to all your neighbors and let them sign a potision on making him leave, there you go, if he is as bad as you say he is, then ur other neighbors will have no problem.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
tmdz28

one day, i was bashing at a nearby park. I was just trolling around the parking lot, when this 2 older women drove up and says "it's getting annoying with that thing being so loud. Could you please stop, we have called the police a couple times but i guess you have not meet them yet"

my reply "well, you have right not to listen to the noise, and when the cops get here, i be sure to talk to them. As far as i am concern, I dont care as long as there is no written law or bill or any restriction that prohibits me from playing around here. Have a good day, and if you dont mind, you are in my way."

They looked pissed, and left. Not one cop showed up.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:42 PM
RSHOE

Nice! I could see this guy trying to grab my truck or trying to stop it if I told him to Go F himself. I'll just WOT and what him chase it all over the place. LMAO.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:19 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive had that, but in a public park once... I was running my T-maxx about 10 feet away from where this guy was walking with his wife and dog, the guy comes up to me (hes like 40, and I was 13 at the time) and he said, if you keep running that piece of $h!t around here, I'm gonna ****** smash the $h!t out of ur POS truck... My reply? Free country dumb***. I wasnt angering his dog in anyway, and I made sure not to come any closer than 10 feet. My neighbors like my trucks though, this one guy on my block even bought a 1/8 scale F1 toy and ran it with my T-maxx lol[8D]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
megamaxx

my drunken neighbors came over aand complained once,they forgot we lived in an industrial area with noise ordinance,so at 9:00pm i fired up my picco.26 maxx with the rd logics dual exhaust,and ran till about 1:30 in the morn....they called the cops,they show up and i give them the low down on what was up,they replied your house,your yard,no ordinance,have a blast,just dont be an ass and go running in his yard
Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 PM
jombo

just run it in your yard and you shouldnt have a problem. when the cops come its your word against his unless he has a video of you vandilizing .
Old 10-18-2007, 08:49 PM
megamaxx

just as long as you dont break the noise ordinance,or become a problem on the street(interfering with traffic)cops shouldnt mess with ya!!!!i am gettin ready to put up some better lighting in my yard and build a couple of ramps,so i can have a friend or 2 come over for some late night bashing.....
Old 10-18-2007, 11:15 PM
TheOtherSide

Give him the old "Flaming Bag of Poop!".... and don't forget to aim all fireworks in his direction on Oct 31!!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:34 PM
jeffmiz
Banned

LOL my neighbor is a jerk also

HE goes up to me and says do they make a muffler for those things and said its annoying

I said yeah they do i am running one on it

jerks
Old 10-19-2007, 12:21 AM
calvino

I dunno, easiest solution, IGNORE HIM, and if he continues to be a pain, then get your neighbors to sign a petition saying it is fine to run your car and he is being a pain... but do check if there is some ordinance about noise after a certain point in the day, when I had my revo 3.3 bud over and my neighbor pulled out his savage X (yes it was a little loud) no one complained, acutally alot of the neighbors came out to watch the show (aka, me driving my neighbors savage into the cub, his fault, he forgot to charge the hump pack)
Old 10-19-2007, 12:47 AM
hawk900

My neighbors dont care that I drive my
Savage up and down the street here.But
I did have one come up to me and say
something to me about it. ( He said when
I seen you driving that. I had to put my
$40 Radio Shack R/C car away because
yours put mine to shame. So i had to check
this thing out ! ) LOL LOL

We talked for awhile and he asked me stuff
about it and said he thought it was the coolist
thing he seen.He said he would get one but
he didnt like how much cash it would take

Now when i fire up the Savage He has his
whole family out watching. LOL LOL
Old 10-19-2007, 03:47 AM
smalltownsavage

R/C cars are really not that loud at all. If this neibor of yours wants to complain about your ride, then every single time he mows his lawn, stop him and complain that his lawn equipment is way too loud. After so long, the guy will pry give up and then you can run without a crybaby over your shoulders. I have niebors like that too. It really sucks living in a trailer park were everyone lives two feet away from me. I've had complaints about my R/C a few times, and I usually get the finger from them after makeing a rude response, and then finish the conversation by telling them exactly what they can do with their finger (but I wouldn't recomend you doing that). R/C's are a hobbie, people should be understanding about that... especially at 3:00 in the afternoon! It's not like people are all inside reading novels therefor needing absolute quietness![sm=lol.gif]
Old 10-19-2007, 05:36 AM
bud09

i dont hav a savage, but one of my neighbors came to me and that he turned off the mets games and watched me run my t-maxx 3.3. my nieghbors could care less. the little kids like it. and cops frive past me sumtimes and say nothing. people drive past and jus wave at me.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:56 AM
DamageIncorporated

In this hobby, whiny neighbors can be quite an ordeal. I usually only run my rigs in my subdivision for tuning purposes. I’ve only had one guy from down the street that said he was going to call the cops because I was driving an illegal vehicle on the street. The funny thing is that we have two cops within four houses of us and they love it when I bust out my nitro toys. I just made a point to drive right in front of his house and come to a stop. Then pull away with a big fat wheelie at full throttle while he stands in his front yard with his mouth looking like the black hole. He is yet to flip me off but I feel it is coming. Similar to what others have said, I’ll wait until he busts out his mower at 8am and give him hell for that.

Like I said, I usually only run on the road for tuning purposes, but it’s so hard when MOST of the neighbor kids are sitting on the curb when I come home from work chanting “monster truck, monster truck!” I just can’t help but break it out for them. The parents typically aren’t too far behind. They enjoy the show as well. Many passer bys have lots of questions and I can tell they are licking their chops in anticipation for a piece of the action. I even have kids that make me all kinds of obstacles to drive over to see if it (usually the Sav) can hang with their Tonka toys. The kid next door to me even attempted to build a ramp big enough so I could jump my house, lol. The cool part about it is that they are now talking their parents into buying them a R/C of some sort. This is great for helping to grow our hobby. It also gives the kids something constructive, yet destructive at the same time, to do.

Bottom line is, there will always be a sour puss in the bunch no matter where you live. The positive of it all is that there is usually a majority of people that really enjoy watching you do what you like to do. That’s good enough for me.

Happy Bashing

D.I.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:43 AM
groovethumper

I have the same problem with two neighbours. It's very simple, they come up yelling at you, tell him to call the police because you want to file a harassment charge against him. Because technically, what he's doing is harassing you, while you were innocently runnining your truck. Peace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.