Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Finally Upgrading...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Docroonie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Upgrading...

So I finally started upgrading my X....

Steel Brake Conv.
Chrome HB Tuned pipe.
Hitec HS-5645MG Steering Servo
Integy MSR8's (I know you guys think they're junk but I may have an answer to the issues......)
Pro-Line Bushwacker Body
RPM arms up front
Aluminum lowers in the rear

Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM
electricnitro

Default RE: Finally Upgrading...

Nice set up you got there. I'm sorry you bought the msr shocks. The only thing I could think would help them is to put some factory shafts in them. But other people said its not just the shafts, the the body too.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I hope you like your Hot Bodies pipe better then I did as it did not take me long to go back to my HPI polished pipe! It is sitting in my pit box all most new.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Docroonie

So yeah, The first run and it flipped over doing a donut. The left front, front shock....the f-ing shaft bent like 30 degrees! what is this crap? Chinese tool steel? the shafts are 2x bigger in dia than the stock ones! Integy is so getting a piece of my mind.

Oh and the truck is anemic as hell so far, I guess i'll go back to stock settings and re-tune. If it stays this way though I'm gonna get a diff. pipe.

The HB steel brake rocks though....

The rpm arms, IF YOU BUY THESE PAY ATTENTION: When you get RPM arms it is essential that you ream the pinholes to the proper size or else you get my dilemma - An ultra stiff front suspension.

The hitec is awesome!

Docroonie.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:01 PM
nextalcupfan

sry to hear bout the shafts, but the HiTec HS-5645MG
is a good choice on the steering servo IMO becuase i have used it in my duratrax overdrive st and now my savage x and have not had ONE single problem with it.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Vigilante212

ORIGINAL: Docroonie

Steel Brake Conv.
Chrome HB Tuned pipe.
Integy MSR8's (I know you guys think they're junk but I may have an answer to the issues......)
Pro-Line Bushwacker Body
RPM arms up front

Im going to quote your earlier post. You knew they were junk before you bought them yet you still bought them and now your angry because they bent? Seems kinda stupid.
As for the shafts I dont know for fact, but my guess is they arent even tool steel they are most likly mild steel the cheapest steel they could stick in them. If the shafts are a standard size like 3mm or so on you could probably just replace them with some hpi shock shafts (3mm), but the aluminum they use is sub standard as well so chances are the shock body will start to leak soon enough.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Docroonie

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

ORIGINAL: Docroonie

Steel Brake Conv.
Chrome HB Tuned pipe.
Pro-Line Bushwacker Body
RPM arms up front

Im going to quote your earlier post. You knew they were junk before you bought them yet you still bought them and now your angry because they bent? Seems kinda stupid.
As for the shafts I dont know for fact, but my guess is they arent even tool steel they are most likly mild steel the cheapest steel they could stick in them. If the shafts are a standard size like 3mm or so on you could probably just replace them with some hpi shock shafts (3mm), but the aluminum they use is sub standard as well so chances are the shock body will start to leak soon enough.

Thanks for calling me stupid vigilante... I appreciate that.

Now As for you quoting me, The comment i made was not to admit that they were junk(as i had not yet experienced it), merely admitting that after I had them I dug up articles on here in which you folks stated that they were crap hence "I know YOU GUYS think they're junk". so that was directed at removing useless posts about how ****ty they are while making no recommendations for an alternative.
Furthermore the articles which I found were in reference to the MSR4 and MSR5 Series of Integy products not the MSR8's.

Now as for Integy I will never buy their junk again I now know, I was so happy when I got them; they looked great behind plastic film... After scrutinizing them post damages, The springs, shafts, bodies, and piggies are all different lengths from one shock to the next.

Sorry If I make this an issue vigilante, my comment means nothing personal.

But since you seem quite savy - savvy What shocks do you recommend?

As for upgrades - I just got a 3 speed for $64 from hobbytown, And yeah It was assembled. I put it in, and I love it.

The Hitec threw it's set screw today and i need to get a new one so I'm down for a bit.

And the truck seems to be very hard to tune with this HB pipe on it.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Coxwaan

most people say stick with the stock shocks. not becuase they are indestructable, far from it, butbecause the are more durable than most, and cheap and easy to replace via people breaking savs on ebay.

if not got to innovative-rc.com and check out the lst shock conversion. looks sweet, but its a bit pricey imo.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:47 AM
azzman

Use the stock shocks or go to LST(2) shocks. I have had stock and bent/popped a few but they are cheap to have some spare ones fully assembled in your pit box. I love the LST2 shocks I have on there now...