Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Snow

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Snow

Yea it sucks this time of year. Go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. No snow but getting cold so its comming. The drifts r going to be sweet to hit and land in. Anyone have pics of there savage in the snow? Would like to see.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:12 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in NYC, we have had snowstorms with 1.5+ feet of snow and school wasnt called off anyways... The board of ED which is run by our Mayor Micheal Bloomberg is full of ***heads[:@]
Old 11-10-2007, 12:07 AM
brokentrucks

Yea im just getting out of the early nights and now our days are heaps longer, in the summer it gets to around 40 degrees C and the record for my area is like 44 or something. Its the driest continent in the world.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:57 AM
groovethumper

I am so anxious for it to snow, I love it, lots of drifting at full throttle, no flipping over in a corner, Jumping it 10-20 feet, landing in a mound of snow. My Savy rarely breaks in the winter. It's quite possble I do more driving in the winter, than any other time of the year.(I also enjoy the privacy, just us hardcore bashers). Peace

Old 11-10-2007, 06:30 AM
brokentrucks

That is a SICK rig, what are those rims and tires?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:19 AM
MTboy

Nice truck, Like the body. [8D]
Old 11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
groovethumper

Thanks, the rims are HPI Tremors wrapped with HPI Goliath tires. They're huge. The body is a Proline Desert Rat, which I painted myself. I think this is probably the best body it really protects the engine, no need for the extented roll cage(Which kept breaking on me). You guys should post some pics. I love seeing how people customize their trucks. Peace.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:14 PM
groovethumper

Oh, if anybody knows of a shock shaft that is stronger than the stock ones. I've been looking for a while now, haven't had any luck. Thanks to all for the help and the complements on my Savy. Peace.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:21 PM
rcnitrohead

Mine break often too[:@] I have a set of 4 Aftershock shocks ready to go in, all I need is the IRC mounting kit Nice body and nice truck, those wheels are HUGE!
Old 11-11-2007, 11:37 PM
dhyde79

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Here in NYC, we have had snowstorms with 1.5+ feet of snow and school wasnt called off anyways... The board of ED which is run by our Mayor Micheal Bloomberg is full of ***heads[:@]

well, the main thing I can point out there, is in NYC you've got TONS of mass transit, whereas where I grew up, it was 1 high school for then whole of the county, and we had a graduating class of 65 my senior year, a dropout rate of 3 students, and 2 who walked during grad who didn't get their diplomas due to inadequate grades.

a foot and a half of snow when you've gotta make it to a bus stop, subway entrance, or train stop and then the school isn't responsible for safe transport is a world of difference from 4-8 inches of snow when every person short of the ones with cars and licenses are picked up by school buses in their driveways, or close to it, and the school is directly liable for the safety of moving those kids from however far they live away from the school, to the school.

but, bringing this back on track, personally, I'd love to see a foot and a half of snow, I miss it, and I can promise you that I'd be one of the first people out bashing in it....
Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 AM
groovethumper

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Mine break often too[:@] I have a set of 4 Aftershock shocks ready to go in, all I need is the IRC mounting kit Nice body and nice truck, those wheels are HUGE!
They don't break too often, usually from a bad landing off of the ramps at the local skate park. I like the Losi shock mod, but seeing as I like my Savage to look like a Savage, and the fact that the HPI alum. shocks cost a little over 100$, hence the need for stronger shock shaft. Does anyone make a titanium replacement? Peace.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
rcnitrohead

I'm debating whether to buy the IRC kit or go with Vigilantes towers and 4 big bore buggy shocks, but I have to see how much the IRC goes for on ebay when it pops up[8D]
Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM
MTboy

I really like your rig. I'll post pics as soon as it gets here. Should be nov. 14th and I cant wait. But its new so nothing special. It looks like it'll be just in time for the snow. News is saying 2-12 inches tonight. I have the whole week off of work for thanksgiving so I'm going to have lots of time learning to drive. Hopefully nothing brakes. What would be some of the first things to buy for the savage to have on hand? dont want to sup up just extra parts to have in case. Thanks guys and have fun bashing.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
groovethumper

ORIGINAL: MTboy

I really like your rig. I'll post pics as soon as it gets here. Should be nov. 14th and I cant wait. But its new so nothing special. It looks like it'll be just in time for the snow. News is saying 2-12 inches tonight. I have the whole week off of work for thanksgiving so I'm going to have lots of time learning to drive. Hopefully nothing brakes. What would be some of the first things to buy for the savage to have on hand? dont want to sup up just extra parts to have in case. Thanks guys and have fun bashing.
First thing I bought was a center skid plate. As for parts to have on hand,spur gears, glo plugs, A set of upper and lower a arms, bearings for the clutchbell, clutchbell, the brass spacer that holds the clutchbell, a screw kit, fuel tubing. I hope this helps. Peace.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
MTboy

Well go figure, I get my truck go on vacation and get about 5 tanks ran through and it starts to snow... I was planning on doing some high speed passes tomorrow and get it really tuned in but no just has to snow. Winter storm warnings tell 5 p.m. tomorrow. If it wasn't so wet it wouldnt bother me but its really wet out right now. There saying 3-6 inches in the valley. I dont know if I want to run it yet in snow becouse I'm not ready and its not throw the break in yet. [&o] But spinning on the ice sounds so fun.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:08 AM
evaderstbasher

you water proof the electronics yet?
also, i took a like sprite can, and cut it in half, and screwed it into the plate on my aftermarket air filter, making a guard so the air filter doesnt get piled up with snow and suck water in. Im sure you can find some way of covering yours, use like a spray paint lid, be creative, just make it useful.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:27 AM
MTboy

No not water proof yet. Still trying to get her running right. I think theres something wrong with the slide in the carb. I cant screw in my idle any more and its only at most 1 turn. So going to call HPI if tomorrow the lhs cant help. But after that its on...LOL
Old 11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
MTboy

Yup woke up looked outside and 8 inches of wet heavy snow. This sucks.[:@] Freakin Montana never know what the weather is going to be like. Well I guess I'll look into making a center skid plate today.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:13 PM
dhyde79

hey, send me the snow.....if I had 8" of heavy wet snow, I'd be throwing my lexan sideplates on and tossing the MoabXL's on and goin to play a bit.....(then I'd throw the swamp kongs on and see how nasty I could get them)
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 PM
MTboy

Yea I couldnt stand it had to get out and atleast start her. She started right up and sat for a couple of min. then I thought a little pass wont hurt. Well the snow is so packed that she sat right on top just throwing snow all over. This hobby is awesome. Before that went to lhs and had him check out my idle and its ok to go now. So she ran great in the snow, still need to do some top speed tunning but all is good.
Plus I picked up a shell to paint and learn on. Its not the one I want but its what they had so am learning to mask and paint.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
dhyde79

you should run to home depot and grab a sheet of lexan and pull one of your TVP's off, trace it on the lexan, use a dremel and cut it out (then repeat one more time) and throw it on the outside of your TVP's, mount screws through of course, it'll keep snow/water out a bit better (especially after you get that center skid plate too)
Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 PM
MTboy

Well wasnt going to run her today but just couldnt stand it. Besides you all say go out have fun and if you brake somethink oh well. So I hit it hard, ripping threw the snow. Spitting it all over. Got some top speed passes on the road and she seemed to be pretty good. I was going to try to get more out of her but its so cold I didnt want to lean her that much more tell I can get the temp up. Maybe if I had tinfoil on and a sock to help I could of but took it off to see how she would do. Plunty of power right now have about 1/2 gallon down her.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11064.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	808042  
Old 11-27-2007, 01:38 AM
tecmec

Here are some more pics. It was -25 Celsius today, my fingers were getting too cold. But damn, the snow is fun.

Oh, and some pics of my new headlights that I whipped up last night :P

No action shots; I was alone tonight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29508.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	813145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12748.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	813146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13523.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	813147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85724.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	813148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62241.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	813149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58574.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	813150  
Old 11-27-2007, 01:47 AM
nothinbetr2do

what did you use for those lights?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 AM
tecmec

They are just some standard white LEDs that I had kicking around from a previous (non RC related) project. Each headlight has two LEDs, making for four LEDs total. It's just powered by a 9 volt battery (that is zip-tied to the inside of the body) that I had sitting around, and yet it has shown no sign of dieing. I'm pretty pleased with the whole setup really.

I could post more pics of the lights (and the actual setup) if someone wants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.