Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

durability Savage x vs. T-Maxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Big T-Mike 3.3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default durability Savage x vs. T-Maxx 3.3

ok i have a t-maxx 3.3 its 2 weeks old im selling. becouse we had a buddy bring a Savage x and i was like wow look at the punishment it was taking..we was at a BMX track granted hes been in RCs for a long time and a awesome driver and i totally suck i bet that he jumped the savage x at least 75 times if not more then he jumped a burm and hit a wooden fence 6 times that was about 15 feet away..and only thing he messed up was a spur gear!!!! i let him run mine he jumped 3 times and bent an A-arm pin and spur gear...so im considering a Savage but this time i wana make the right choice.first i wana know your guys opinion on the durability on savage x vs. t-maxx 3.3...and then i really need opinion on the best basher truck im still kinda newby with RCs this is my third truck but havnt had one more than a month and they all have been T-maxxs..sorry so long but id greatly appericate any input

PS remeber im a basher that cant drive well yet so i need a truck that can handle me i know things are going to break but it seems like me and my buddys are working on our t-maxxs more than we get to bash
thank you for looking at my post
Mike
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 PM
dhyde79

Default RE: durability Savage x vs. T-Maxx 3.3

buy a savage, I did some really mean things (in my perspective level) to my savvy already and I haven't even had it a month.....and the only things I've chewed were $4 spur gears (twice, now I have steel spur & bell combo and nothing to worry about there)
Old 11-14-2007, 01:33 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

The difference between the durability of T-Max and a Savage is the difference between night and day.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 AM
tre_speed

I'm a fellow member of the $4.00 spur gear club. I have done some sick things to this truck and have to yet break a single part. I have a wood ramp and jump it over my F-150 on a regular basis (and landed BADLY). I can't count the number of times it's gone into the 50 cartwheel roll of death. I've hit a jump and caught a fense post in mid air.... no break. I've been in RC since I was 13 (now I'm 31). Hitting a pole at WOT with the wheel is usually almost certainly A-Arm replacement time. Normally when I buy a new r/c I'm already have "aluminum arms" upgrade in mind. At the rate my Savage X is holding up, if I were to break someting I not going to put out the bucks for aluminum. Its so well designed I'll just spend a few dollars and stick with the stock parts. Just my 2 cents. By the way... I also have gone to the steel spur and racing clutch bell setup.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:02 AM
brokentrucks

yea i ran mine into a brick wall and 20-30 km/h and i have only broke 2 plastic spurs ever[8D]
Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 AM
megamaxx

basher+cant drive=savage all the way,the savage is a bruiser plain a simple,the things your describing doing with this truck and your driving skill level are exactly what this truck was made for,to take a beating
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both and there is no competition whatsover, T-maxx breaks on every outing. The Savage keeps going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and going, till its gone
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Big T-Mike 3.3

wow i was hoping to see this thank you all soo much my savage x is orderd and should be at my LHS friday i cant wait
Old 11-14-2007, 04:26 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have fun[8D]