Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

My STS is angry at me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 AM
brokentrucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My STS is angry at me!!!

Hi everyone how are we?

DETAILS

Well as the title suggest i am having some troubles with my STS D28M, my engine is not sealed ( i cant find that ultra copper stuff). It has not been ran for around a month or more because it has been raining around here like there is no tomorrow!! The engine has had 3-4 litres ran through it, it is fully broken-in and 'was' tuned fairly rich at bottom end but good for my driving style and i did like the way it was running. Fresh charged batteries

But yesterday i fired her up and i did have to do a fair bit of priming and pulling to get it to start, when it finally started i let it warm up and i tried to rev it, up to the spur gear was spinning but the dogbone where not turning over because for some reason the transmission wasnt moving, so that eliminated my first suspicion of 2 broken 'x' diffs.
I then turned the engine of to think about what was happening, the engine didnt want to cut out easily as it should but eventually it gave in. After a think i restarted it and all the sudden the transmission is reving the wheels and i thought it could just be a freak thing and now it is fine, and then all the sudden it starts to rev up higher and higher so i try to shut it off with my trusty blue rag and it shows no signs of stopping so i tried to apply the brake remembering earlier when it almost cut out from applying the brakes, so i apply the break to full and it works ( mmm, it wasnt that rich before).
Now im starting to get worried so i say to myself i will restart it once more and then i will pack up, ZOOM easy as ever to start because it is warm and then it really starts to pull itself almost straight away and the revs just keep getting higher and higher and higher, its starts of just reving high so i apply the brake slightly and because this time it had no effect i take the pressure off the break, and then the car really wants to take off, it can now pull itself easily just getting faster and faster, thats enough i dont want to be running after it so i use my trusty rag and it takes around 5+ seconds to shut down.

This exact same thing has happened to me twice in 3 days and the car reacted the same even when i tried to turn the idle on the controller down, it just wanted to drive itself.

Can someone please help by suggesting some ideas.

Thanks a bunch

Aaron
Old 11-15-2007, 06:07 AM
Nathan9492

Default RE: My STS is angry at me!!!

Same thing happenbed to me, I changed Fuel lines and Away the problem went.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:50 AM
brokentrucks

Default RE: My STS is angry at me!!!

Ok thanks, they are 8 months old so i will tyr that.

Thanks a lot!!!