Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody had any trouble from the law concerning the noise?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Anybody had any trouble from the law concerning the noise?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:57 PM
ForkliftJeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody had any trouble from the law concerning the noise?

Just wondering if anyone has been bothered by people (cops or citizens) because they think your truck is too loud? I've seen signs at parks that say no motorized vehicles. And I live in White Rock next to the beach and there is noise bylaws. I've never been bothered, but I usually go places where no one will care. Skate parks, construction zones, etc...
Old 11-26-2007, 12:08 AM
WildMan20

Default RE: Anybody had any trouble from the law concerning the noise?

I have found 90% of the ppl around when I run mine are more curious or wanting to see what it can do.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:13 AM
nantucket

Bahhh, it's only illegal if you get caught![sm=lol.gif]

Just go where you want to go. The worst that'll happen is somebody will call the cops and they will ask you to leave. They wont give you a ticket unless you are being an ass. I personally have never been bothered, usually a small crowd gathers because thay think it's cool watching this little truck doing wheelies![8D]
Old 11-26-2007, 12:26 AM
dhyde79

I've not had any trouble, I usually end up with spectators more than complainers.....and the head of the parks & rec department for the city I'm in personally gave me permission....told me to call him if I have any trouble with people trying to give me a hard time too....(then again....he's one of my cell customers so I suppose I might be getting a bit of favoritism there)
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 AM
ForkliftJeff

Good to hear guys. Pretty much the same response I've ever got too. I don't care if people complain. I was just curious if anyone was actually fined.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:15 AM
smalltownsavage

Most people don't care if me and my buddies run as long as it's before dark. After then the cops ALWAYS get called on us.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:55 AM
madmax22

this old guy down the street complains so i do down the other way and there is a person that cant hear and she comes out to watch once in a wile but yes i have been botherd by that old guy....
Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure, some people have had problems with mine in the past, but the cops cannot do anything per se unless you are tearing it up on your neighbor's property. I drive mine out in a field so I don't have to worry about noise or anything like that.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:16 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: smalltownsavage

Most people don't care if me and my buddies run as long as it's before dark. After then the cops ALWAYS get called on us.
The noise ordinances are based on time. I believe it's 9pm for my area...get loud after 9pm and expect to get a visit from the local law enforcement.

I agree with most here that say a crowd normally gathers to see what the ruckus is about, but honestly if someone disturbs *MY* peace and quiet then I'd be pissed too.

Of course then there's that *one* that can't be happy in any situation so best you can do is be courteous and go somewhere else.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
rcnitrohead

I remember I was driving my truck about a year ago, when this middle-aged woman I've never seen before comes out of someones house down the block (was probably a relative of a neighbor down the block or something) and got into her Dodge Caravan, I have a fire pump in front of my house, and she pulls over and calls me over.. So I park the truck and go over and she says "You better f****n take that piece of $!*t back into your bum@$$ house before I get out of my car and step on it"... Then I just shrug and start driving again lol, so she pulls away and I resume driving and she assumes I'm trying to chase her car with my truck so that dumb ***** stops in the middle of the street and backs her car up to our driveway again and says "W*F, you think your smart trying to chase my car with that POS? Drive that $!** in near me one more time and that $!**'s getting run over..." I just told her to shut her trap and get the hell off my driveway since I was not chasing her car in any way, just driving up and down the block. I still remember her words because its the only real altercation I've had with someone about any of my trucks.... I think she moved a while ago, and all of my other neighbors are cool and they like the Savage. They ask me when I'm going to drive it again I never drive my trucks befire 11am and past 7pm to be respectful of my neighbors so I have no other problems[8D] Tom.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Vigilante212

Yea I havent had any issues either ive driven it in dead end roads a park and down my block. as long as you dont drive it around and strange hours people are usually pretty decent.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
-SomeGuy-

More than once I've had someone come up to me and complain. On average i would say its 1% of all those who come and talk to me about my truck. I usually take the time to listen to them and reply in a polite way but sometimes they dont want to hear it, they just keep being nasty and thats when i fire back. My friend dealt with this in the best way once, a woman went up to him and starting complaining and he just pretended like she didnt exist. He moved away from her and she followed, finally she gave up and walked away. It was way easier than any scenario I've been in and will be what I will do from now on lol.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:13 PM
dhyde79

my plan is, the next time someone decides to harrass me about it, I'll just call the PD and ask the desk officer to please explain the city noise ordinances to the person, and then put them on speakerphone while pulling the savage up to make contact with my car.

I'm actually in the works of putting a petition together for getting land at one of the bigger parks in the city to build an RC track, both an offroad one and an on-road one (on-road would consist of a large smooth slab of cement where someone could go mask off a course to run any way they wanted)
Old 11-26-2007, 09:15 PM
crazykat

I have never had any complaints from any of my neighbors. Usually i get a small crowd of my students wanting to check it out. Random people stop by and ask "where did you get that thing, its awesome", "how fast does it go" stuff like that. I thought I was the only one that ran nitro in my small town but a fellow MT fan had his window open in his truck and was following the sound to my house because it is such a distinct sound. Turns out to be an old classmate of mine from back in the day. since then, we bash when we get the chance.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 PM
black mamba

Same here when I used to drive in the street and at the ballpark. Most of the time the guys/kids that would come over to check it out would say they had a T Maxx....and when asked to bring the Maxx out to bash, they'd say it doesn't run, etc.[&:]
Old 11-26-2007, 10:40 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

Same here when I used to drive in the street and at the ballpark. Most of the time the guys/kids that would come over to check it out would say they had a T Maxx....and when asked to bring the Maxx out to bash, they'd say it doesn't run, etc.[&:]
LOL i heard the same story a few times myself.