Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HPI E SAVAGE OR EMAXX what is a better buy

taking a look at these two electric trucks which would you buy ? personally i like the strong quality of the e savage and its price isnt bad either

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: HPI E SAVAGE OR EMAXX what is a better buy

yup,
    i was having some trouble with that too but i went with the e-savage
    with 315bucks i bought the rtr truck +batteries and all that off ebay brand new
    new emaxx is 370 with out bateries and thats just too much for me....but yea
    the e-savage is really sick, its very smooth on turns and stuff..
    thats what you should get
    [url=http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?image=maximuszi4.jpg][img=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5977/maximuszi4.th.jpg][

[X(] WHAT the emax doesnt come with batteries like the e savage does what a ripp off lol im definatley getting a e savage then . as i most likely would have got a e savage in the first place anyway , man traxxas is getting cheap and sloppy .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

go for the savage, i don't trust traxxas. Too much plastic
    HPI Savage 25 w/K4.6
    HPI Firestorm 10T

yep i am a ture supporter of hpi and their strong style and quality of their designs has always been to my liking , so far i own a baja5b and savagex4.6 and now i want this hpi e savage for quiet backyard fun so the neghbours dont get the insano attacks lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

personally i am not a fan of any traxxas trucks i was looking at the e savage the other day at my local hobby shop and it seems durable and somewhat fast. the only advantage with the e-maxx is that it is waterproof
    A pencil without a sharpener is a useless too. Think about it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The E-Maxx is waterproof. Owns.

PFFFFT water proof , where i live i dont get snow , and if it rains i dont take it out . so to me the e savage is the winner . its cheaper , its stronger , and comes with two batterys . The emaxx to me is everything the opposite lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is the Emaxx faster with its 2 speed?
    It was me! I did it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an E-Maxx and ya'll are right.Theres to much plastic in it and the first time you hit something it never runs properly again.My friend hit a fence post with mine and now after putting $180 of repairs into it still won't turn correctly.I havn't looked into an E-Savvy but from what I hear its as durable as the Savage X which I also have an trust me,if your looking for durable, thats what you should get.Although if your looking for speed the 16v E-Maxx is much faster since it has a 2-Speed and the E-Savvy is 14v with a 1speed.
    - MMA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dudes you really mess things up. first one should be sure of what trucks we talk. old e maxx or new e maxx. two rather different models!
    second the e savage has nothing to do with the nitro savage. two different cars in nealry all respects!

just some notes. the new e maxx is just single speed like the e savage. the batteries that come with the rtr e savage or very cheap not not worth a penny imo. the e savage sport is ok value for the cost imo.

and as for the plastic vs aluminium debate. my choice is clear in this point. as much plastic as possible and as much aluminum as necessary.

bye
    rhylsadar
    Exercitatio artem paravit.
    \"there is no such thing as \"the best\" in our hobby\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,

What is the difference between e savage baja and e savage sport? I ask the vendor and said that it is the same but the difference is the car shell.

Is it e savage sport has 2 speed and esavage baja has one speed only? Which is much better?

Thank you very much for your help and God Bless!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dhong3cath

Hello,

What is the difference between e savage baja and e savage sport? I ask the vendor and said that it is the same but the difference is the car shell.

Is it e savage sport has 2 speed and esavage baja has one speed only? Which is much better?

Thank you very much for your help and God Bless!

The e-savage sport is sold without the two batteries and charger. They are the same vehicles, except bodies.
    But Honey, it was on sale!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The new e-maxx will be faster on 14 cells than the e-savage will be on 12 cells (recommended). I had this same problem. I ended up going with the e-savage. The onlt bad part would be the slider shafts, very weak.

I think the e-savage is a better deal.
    Beer, it\'\'s cheaper than therapy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im just gonna put in my 2 cents , the newest Rc driver mag has a test of the new e-max and it really caught my atention. I really like the fact that it is totally waterproof and it deffinately wouldnt replace my savage but it would be fun to run in the snow up here and the water in the spring. I think Im gonna get one, if it sucks Ill give it to my daughter.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got an e-savage for Christmas and I hands down love it.
    \"A penny saved is a penny earned\" -Benjamin Franklin

ORIGINAL: munro300

Im just gonna put in my 2 cents , the newest Rc driver mag has a test of the new e-max and it really caught my atention. I really like the fact that it is totally waterproof and it deffinately wouldnt replace my savage but it would be fun to run in the snow up here and the water in the spring. I think Im gonna get one, if it sucks Ill give it to my daughter.
    it isn't THAT HARD to water proof your truck, it is a bummer that the maxx (new one) is single speed, that is the thing i like about the maxx (old one), plus the towers, arms.... look DARN FLIMSY, and it weighs a TON, yeah, if they based it off the savage, then it gets my money, hey, the maxx is prety weak platform, saw this vid on youtube in which a guy was driving it [t-maxx] by a chain link fence, hit the fence, and his truck broke into pieces, BAD ENGINEERING, hey, you also look at the ratings, savy 4.5, maxx, 4, only complaint with savy, charger, maxx, bumper screws, arms, towers..... to make the maxx (either model) bashable, means TONS of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ out of pocket, as for the baja, diff shell, sport, no charger and batteries[8D]
    Axial AX10, \"Irene\" with custom chassis, Thunder Tiger ST-1 [not working]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi

as it has been said before. imo the 'waterproofing' thing is not such a big deal (..even though many hype this feature in internet forums) as it could be done in principle to any car. however it is a nice feature that it comes like that out of the box.

saying that the new maxx is a 'weak platform' is very superficial and much too early to say that. the new maxx is out for some weeks now and there is simply not enough time for a 'serious' test of this new model. all the experiences that are posted now in dozens of forums are just first impressions with limited information in it. in some month (also when the weather gets warmer in the nothern heminsphere) we will know more about the 'durability' of the new e maxx. everything else, especially from persons who do not even own the model, is just plain 'out of the blue speculation'. one should not give it too much attention.

and if someone thinks he or she is just such a ingenious engineer that he or she knows how to make a so much better monster truck for a reasonable price, i suggest to open your own business and get rich.

thx for your time.
    bye
    rhylsadar

Exercitatio artem paravit.
    \"there is no such thing as \"the best\" in our hobby\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i agree with rhylsadar

i dont know every thing about each truck but at one point i plan on getting both their for i can have the knowledge of each truck and can help other people with thier problem insted of pretending like i know every think

but i do like the new design of the new e-maxx its suposed to be stronger than the rest of their line of maxx trucks thats what i herd it may not bee true tho
    if it aint breaking it aint bashing mini lst 2 with exotek lxt single servo conversion, e-maxx 3905

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you look at the stats on both trucks the emaxx wins in just about every category. Buy the e-savage cause its a nice truck and costs about 90 bucks less than the emaxx. Anyone that thinks traxxas plastic is cheap has never owned own or doesnt know how to drive. Plastic breaks and aluminum bends. If you hit something hard enough you will break it.

ORIGINAL: hemiblas

If you look at the stats on both trucks the emaxx wins in just about every category. Buy the e-savage cause its a nice truck and costs about 90 bucks less than the emaxx. Anyone that thinks traxxas plastic is cheap has never owned own or doesnt know how to drive. Plastic breaks and aluminum bends. If you hit something hard enough you will break it.
    yeah, but, look at the weights, the savy is a light 9 LB, the maxx (oldie), is WAY heavier, so, heavier truck = batteries die faster, more prone to stuff breakin off jumps... ok, the ONLY MAIN alum stuff on the truck is the TVP, other than that is it nylon[8D] (or, atleast what I can see)
    Axial AX10, \"Irene\" with custom chassis, Thunder Tiger ST-1 [not working]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the old e maxx waighs tha same my moms boyfreind has one its the way the waight is distributid that makes it feel heavyer
    if it aint breaking it aint bashing mini lst 2 with exotek lxt single servo conversion, e-maxx 3905

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The new E maxx weighs 148 oz. thats 9.25 lbs , Im not sure what the e sav weighs but I bet its pretty close.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The new maxx weighs like half a pound less than the old emaxx and about .25 pounds more than the e-savage. If you put both trucks next to each other the emaxx is much bigger, taller longer and has more ground clearance. I own both. Here are advantages/disadantages of both.

Waterproof esc = Emaxx yes , E-savy no
    Water proof radio = emaxx yes, E-savy no
    Water proof drivetrain = emaxx yes, E-savy no
    Single speed = emaxx yes, E-savy yes (old emaxx has 2 speed, new one has single)(single speed=less maintenance more fun)
    more ground clearance = emaxx yes, E-savy no
    brushless ready = emaxx yes, E-savy no, but really close (drop in a large brushless motor and either truck handles power, very impressive, esavy just needs a drivetrain upgrade)
    Size = emaxx more like 1/8th ,E-savy more like 1/10th
    waterproof servo = emaxx yes, E-savy no
    dual servos = emaxx yes, E-savy no (makes a big difference when turning those big tires)
    Price (average) = emaxx 360, E-savy 265 (with no batteries)
    speed on 6 cells = emaxx slower , E-savy faster (130W vs 155W for e-savy)
    speed on 7 cells = emaxx faster , E-savy not recommended (the motors are more powerful than titans but 7 cells is not a good idea)
    aluminum frame = emaxx no, E-savy yes
    Stronger plastic = emaxx yes , Esavy no, but its pretty tough (Nitro version is not same as Elec version and built much tougher)
    Stability = both excellent ,excellent

I think I got all the points. The emaxx is bigger and wins in just about every category(but not by a long shot). That being said the trucks are two different prices and are going to appeal to different people. Some people want a bigger truck, some people want a smaller truck. Some people drive in the rain some dont. Both great trucks and you cant bash anyone for picking either one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I HAVE THE NEW E SAVAGE, I HAVE 3906 E-MAXX AND THE NEW EMAXX. MY FAV. IS THE 3906 MAXX. MUCH FASTER THAN E SAVVY, MORE POWER TOO, AND THE NEW E-MAXX (NOT SO WATER PROOF, MOST WATER RESISTANT TRUCK ON MARKET, BUT IS NOT WATER PROOF. IF YOU SUBMERGE THE TRUCK UNDER WATER YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS. E-MAXX 3906 RULES-E-SAVVY -SUCKY DRIVE LINE-IT IS #%*!
    JBHARDWEAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast