Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what rims do i go with? beadlock or glued?

installing new big joe's 40 series tires on my savage x. just wondering if i should get beadlocked or glued black rims. does it really matter?
    work hard play hard! 100% pinoy
    savage x 4.6 big block

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: what rims do i go with? beadlock or glued?

Maybe a poll? im curious too

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, it really depends on whether or not you might want to change your tires in the future, and still be able to use the same rims. With beadlocks that option is always there, but not so much with glued tires.

There are pros and cons with both. For example beadlocks dont require glue and have that cool factor, but there heavy and more expensive. With glued tires and rims the tires are pretty much permanently attached, but they are significantly lighter for a little better performance and quite a bit less expensive.

Some people have had problems with the tires coming off of their beadlocks, but I haven't had any problems with mine yet *knocks on wood*.

In the end it really depends on whether or not you'll want to buy new rims in the future, and how much you want to spend up front for them. I went with beadlocks just because they look cool, and I usually wind up gluing a couple of my fingers together!

Just my $.02... You'll surley get different opinions.
    HPI Savage SS / SH .28-P6
    Volcano SV / O.S .18 CV-RX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

beadlock does look cool but i still don't mind gluing if the price of the beadlocks are that much more. still undecided though[]
    work hard play hard! 100% pinoy
    savage x 4.6 big block

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like glued, but it's really all personal opinion.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nantucket

Well, it really depends on whether or not you might want to change your tires in the future, and still be able to use the same rims. With beadlocks that option is always there, but not so much with glued tires.

There are pros and cons with both. For example beadlocks dont require glue and have that cool factor, but there heavy and more expensive. With glued tires and rims the tires are pretty much permanently attached, but they are significantly lighter for a little better performance and quite a bit less expensive.

Some people have had problems with the tires coming off of their beadlocks, but I haven't had any problems with mine yet *knocks on wood*.

In the end it really depends on whether or not you'll want to buy new rims in the future, and how much you want to spend up front for them. I went with beadlocks just because they look cool, and I usually wind up gluing a couple of my fingers together!

Just my $.02... You'll surley get different opinions.
    Glued all the way and to change tires when your old ones are wore, put them in the oven or boiling water.
    but if you get Beadlocks don't get the axelones, a friend of mine bought these and in the first tank the tires came off.
    A wise man said \"When using CA glue, wash your hands before taking your lizard for a walk!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the axial beadlocks are fine, I've got them and have done some fairly hard bashing with them and never had a tire come loose from the bead. the problem isn't in the design, it's in the installation. if you've got tires popping the bead out with beadlocks, you don't have the beadlocks put together right. (either not tight enough, or stripped the holes out mounting the rings, one or the other, beadlocks don't come apart easily)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know. They were a friends (he's an adult) and he is very picky on how things go together and always makes sure things are done right. I was surprised because this was the first I'd heard any bad about axel wheels too. (I was thinking about getting a pare before his news)
    A wise man said \"When using CA glue, wash your hands before taking your lizard for a walk!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you like to change out your tires all the time, and don't have the money to put wheels on each of them, get beadlocks. Both do diffrent things. I personally like glued just because they have the performance advantage and I use all arround tires.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well, through the time I've been on here, I've seen one or two people comment that they blow the beads on them, and more comment on having them, personally I love em, they give more bashability due to the metal ring that keeps you from breaking your rims up. I had 2 sets of the RPM Monster Claw rims and both of them totalled out quickly, I've got proline 17mm dish and my axial beadlocks now, I've not done much bashing with the dish, but, I've slammed them into the curbs and up and over harder than I had the RPM ones and they're not even showing any stress, where the newer set of the RPM wheels took being run a whopping 5 times and the hexes are already breaking out on them on 3 out of 4 tires, and shattered on the 4th.....and I hadn't even bashed hard with those because they've got my proline road rage's on them....the hardest I've been on those was doing some drifting in a rain soaked parking lot. My axials on the other hand, have seen the worst of my bashing....jumping off of a 4' Quarter Pipe set up inside a tennis court and getting enough air that had I not hit the brakes half way up and started the truck in a front flip, I'd have cleared the tennis court perimeter fence, front wheels hit the top of the fence, and sent the truck tumbling backwards to the ground.....

I would say the people having trouble with them have either had bad rims, or genuinely messed up putting them together....(I know it's not hard, the tiny fine threaded machine screws eat the plastic holes like candy....I've got 4 stripped holes on each side of each wheel where I was stupid and tried using a drill to sink the screws...)