Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

New Savage "XL" K5.9 Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 03:25 AM
azzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Savage "XL" K5.9 Pics...

ORIGINAL: mr.lexx

the hellfire is a monster truck look at the hpi site, young man.
The HPI site can say whatever it likes it doesnt change the fact that it is like a Truggy in every sense...maybe they just call it that so when it gets its butt kicked by other Truggies HPI can say..."Well we never said it was a Truggy..."
Old 02-17-2008, 07:02 AM
karl thomas

does any one know when its avaloble in the uk?
Old 02-17-2008, 10:02 PM
cheiro

Nothing wrong with the S25.... let see it won't wheely the savage lack of power that's why we did so many mod to it... crank, port polish carb... I have to say though that it was very strong motor. Give me the 5.9 any day I think I'll like it alot more at least it should flip the savage right out of the box no worries. Just need to wait till someone buys it and do a complete review on the thing. Once the SS version comes out I'll be looking on flee bay for the 5.9 motor and 3 speed box to up grade my X 4.6 with extended tvp.... Just can't wait.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
driller2948

Hey Just sell your old Savages on ebay. Looks to me like the used market is hurting. No Savages! No MGT's! Not many LST's! And there are plenty of looker's trust me I'm one! Then buy the new XL, You all know you want one right?
Old 02-18-2008, 09:52 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only reason I'm exited about this Savage is because I'll be happy when the new 3 speeds go on ebay... Then I can just buy a 3 speed that includes the X Case and the high speed 3rd gear[8D]
Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 AM
karl thomas

the xl does come with the new 10% extra high end gear, but the gear box on its own seas it dont "For even more top-end speed, drop in the #77065 High Speed Third Gear Set!"
Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM
baboso
Banned

hmm , im not getting this truck now , my savage x is like this one but with more/better upgrades(like a new radio, servos) and I just spent money on a reverse module yesderday. Ill just add parts like dogbones , ect from the xl to my x when its available.[8D]
Old 02-19-2008, 10:49 AM
baboso
Banned

ill wait for the next savage
Old 02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
ashburg

yeah, the Titanium XXXL Rocket Powered Jet Savage
Old 02-23-2008, 11:31 PM
hydroboy
My Feedback: (1)

Wow lots of disgruntled folks out there! What i find incredibly ironic are the dudes who own multiple savages *****ing about another truck coming out and how they wouldn't buy this new one blah blah blah. Why buy multiples of the same make you can only drive one at a time, save you bucks for the next edition of the most durable basher out there and they wouldn't be so bitter. I've dumped a small fortune into my savage SS, and am looking forward to saving up the dollars to get an XL. Looks to me like a sweet ride, I really like the space behind the rear engine looks like they put the motor in the center which ought to improve handling and perhaps keep the front end lower too. Metal diffs right out of the box? SWEET I had to spend lots to upgrade those. the easy access diff and trany assembly. Bonus!! Before you complain think of the folks buying their first sounds great to me but then I don't get online to piss and moan either[8D]
Old 02-27-2008, 01:03 AM
eatmydust99

here's the video for savage xl 5.9
http://www.hpieurope.com/show_video....en&videoID=122
Old 02-27-2008, 01:24 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha-ha... That was good.. Those folks at HPI sure know their marketing.. Nice front flip at the end..

You're right hydroboy. A bunch of guys with old hopped up Savs complaining about the new RTR version just doesn't make a lot of sense - and just gives Savages an unjustifiably bad name... If I were in the market for a new Savage, I'd definitely get it.. Just needs a new bod.. Those tires do look like balloons, but I bet they would be fun off-road and for jumping...

And I still say, slightly lowered, with maybe some 40 Series racing tires, and a black race-style body - the larger Proline Desert Rat for ex - in all black - would be a badaxx looking ride.... Exactly what I would like in a Sav - Savage XL with yellow Wabash 17mm on 40 Series Crime Fighters, and the black Desert Rat.. Then out of my way!!....
Old 02-27-2008, 02:34 AM
karl thomas

I HAVE 1 BIG CONSERN in have a picco p3-28 in my savage x ss and the clutch bell wears out after a good 10 tanks from the power (yes i am useing the hardend ones) what the hell is a 5.9 going 2 do iv almost chuked mine in a pond from where it wears out parts so quick what the hell is the engine in this going to do!!! my lhs shes do not get that because the engine they had one with a big enginr i think was 5.5cc he sold it it hated the engine wearing out parts
im getting the chassi plates thow (sorry for spelling in a hurry)
Old 02-27-2008, 02:58 AM
MAXXCHEVY

I have a quick question i really liked PatrickBW wheels on his savage do you know if savage wheels will fit a maxx, i mean is the hub size the same?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:27 AM
kurtz

ORIGINAL: eatmydust99

here's the video for savage xl 5.9
http://www.hpieurope.com/show_video....en&videoID=122
I live about 5 minutes away from where that was shot, which just happens to be about 5 minutes away from the HPI HQ. I need to swing by their dumpsters and see if they disposed of any prototypes!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:30 AM
karl thomas

lol good luck
Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: azzman

ORIGINAL: mr.lexx

the hellfire is a monster truck look at the hpi site, young man.
The HPI site can say whatever it likes it doesnt change the fact that it is like a Truggy in every sense...maybe they just call it that so when it gets its butt kicked by other Truggies HPI can say..."Well we never said it was a Truggy..."
Had HPI really promoted and further developed the Hellfire, it could've hung with the best truggies out there. But HPI didn't for whatever reason and the Hellfire went down as a woulda, coulda, shoulda.[8D]

Old 02-28-2008, 01:47 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: MAXXCHEVY

I have a quick question i really liked PatrickBW wheels on his savage do you know if savage wheels will fit a maxx, i mean is the hub size the same?
Hey man, if you're talking about the Axial beadlocks in the pic with the Desert Rat body - 1.) I would recommend against them, unless you're going for a show truck - the screws come loose and there are 96 of them - a lot to check before/after every day out...., - plus they're heavy...., and 2.) if you do get them, they come with some Traxxas adaptor thingies...(Double-check that though - google their website..)

Check out the Axial XL normal rims - those and some 40 Series tires would look just as good if not better...
Old 02-29-2008, 07:38 AM
TommyGun24

I cant see the problem. Longer wheelbase, upgraded parts, a 3 speed tranny and a bigger engine, whats not to like about that.

I want to get an MT never had one before, If I were to buy one it would have been the Savage X, now it would be a Savage XL.

Thats if I buy one. I cant see any reason why I cant make my own. I like different things about different trucks, Iv been thinking instead of buying one I'll just design and build my own chassis, and the rest, design what I want, buy it, put it together, the perfect custom truck. Ill probably end up an indestructable truck for less than the price of an rtr.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:59 PM
GTRice

So anyone thinking of getting a Savage XL? It looks great with the combination of a K5.9 and 3 speed. Don't know about the top speed, but I had to say, it's impressive.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:03 PM
mmduc

i have one on back order from tower....
Old 03-02-2008, 07:19 PM
GTRice

I see, well then.

I seen the video of it and it's pretty impressive. But I wonder how can it compete with the MGT 8.0. We'll seen soon I guess.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
zjwhitrock

towers price droped

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LNUHD0**&P=G
Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
mmduc

just sold the hellfire, shipped it out today. sold a plane to a local guy, so i have all the cash for the XL. now the wait is on.......
Old 03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
tommason

ye does anyone have a date on the release and possible price?
looks nice and want one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.