Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Traxxas Revo 3.3 v HPI Savage 4.6 ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
cnbsdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Revo 3.3 v HPI Savage 4.6 ?

Having a hard time choosing between a Traxxas Revo and the Savage 4.6. Could someone please tell me the pros and cons between the two.
All your suggestions and advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:27 AM
TyCarp

Default RE: Traxxas Revo 3.3 v HPI Savage 4.6 ?

Theres no way your going to get an unbiased answer on a HPI forum but go look at the thread that says OUCH!!! and see how tore up that truck was but yet it kept going for two tanks. It probably would have went more but he realized what had happened and stopped. If that doesnt answer your question then i dont know what will. AKA savage kicks ass
Old 02-08-2008, 10:32 AM
madbrad70

Do you want to race or just bash? If you plan on racing the Revo would be the better choice out of the box. But driving skill has more to do with getting arounda track than the truck your driving. Bashing only, the savage is a tuff truck, and has a higher ground clearance, less likely to get stuck.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Losi8TP3
Banned
My Feedback: (-3)

Look at all the magazine reveiws......Look at what everyone races......Revo 3.3 for sure....The only thing it didnt beat the savage in was price,and i think thats about it.The Revo won in Top Speed,jumping,bashing,handling,beat the savage around the track.Im not saying Savages are bad i had a few of them.But the new Revos rock!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
beer=food
Banned

l agree.Revo all the way.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:57 PM
naynay12

Revo is better for a beginner,someone that is planning to race, though a savage stock or not stock will always be more durable then a revo....the savage is known for its duablity,You may not get to many replies since this question has been asked over and over.But if you just going to bash and not rave get a savage man!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 PM
mmduc

here's my 2 cents,
i own many rc vehicles. i did have a revo 3.3 and i did like it. its downfalls where bashing thru grass and off road where there was some debris. the small block didnt have the power to pull thru that stuff very well. on the pavement, it was very good. it handled very well. i traded it for a helicopter since i fly. i still have my savage x k4.6 and i love it. i also love my lst 2. if i were going to buy a new truck, and my choices were a revo 3.3, or a savage x 4.6, id pick the savage. its just as fast as the revo, wheelies on command, and that big block torque is so user friendly. plus the savage is by far a tougher truck for bashing. this is my opinion after owning both of these trucks. good luck in whatever you choose. no matter what, its all about fun.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:33 PM
azzman

If your gonna bash then I say Savage no question...if your gonna do some racing and some bashing I say get a truggy...