Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Thanks Government

Old 02-10-2008, 06:03 PM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Government

Since they decided to give us money to stimulate the economy I need to figure out how I'm going to help my fellow hobbiest. So I have the Savvy 4.6 RTR with steel brakes a RPM skid but thats about it. What should I get to help my truck be the best basher around ( shouldn't be hard havent seen anyone else). What would you get or do???? Help me with my government project.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
kent_man

Default RE: Thanks Government

Since it's government money you are spending there are a couple of things you may want to consider. Noise is one thing, you don't want to make your truck any louder than it already is, which could disturb some people. In fact you may want to make it quieter. Another thing to consider is pollution. You don't want to spend government money to make a pollution machine, that would have environmentalists outraged. That being said, I think you should invest all government funds into a brushless basher.

Actually I'm kidding, but I really do think the brushless savages are pretty cool. Seriously though, things I've been thinking about are lst 2 shocks and a new radio. You may want a stronger metal gear servo. Are you consistantly breaking certain parts?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
MTboy

I'm thinking a Jeep body painted like a military rig or secret service. What 40 series wheels and tires? Yea a nice exhaust... Is there any green springs? Or maybe I should talk with vigilanty and see about some towers. What you think?
Sorry I do have a Hitec 645 servo so good on that. Parts broke!!!! Mostly A-arms. Thanks thats a good idea RPM A-arms all the way around.
Yea not to big on the hole brushless thing. I like the gas and the smoke[8D]. But thanks...
Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

Be careful with that money...you *DO* realize that it's only an advance on next years' return right?!

From every angle that check they're sending me is useless and screws the economy even further. [:@]
Old 02-10-2008, 07:47 PM
kd7oir

Robing from Peter to pay Paul. It's not the Governments money. It's my money, your hobby shops money and big places like Wally world's money. Spend it wisely, please.
Shawn
Old 02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
go-to

ORIGINAL: kd7oir

Robing from Peter to pay Paul. It's not the Governments money. It's my money, your hobby shops money and big places like Wally world's money. Spend it wisely, please.
Shawn
Well to be most effective we'd all have to spend that on domestic products right?! Put it back into the economy...most people I know are either going to pay bills, or buy things they've been saving for (almost 100% imported). None of that goes back into the economy. Poopy deal all around man.

After realizing this I think we'll just put that money in the savings account and wait until we get nothing back next year. [:'(]
Old 02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
MTboy

Yup I do.. But if our fine leaders say I need this to help then I want to help. Should I just sit on it and wait? No not me I'll use it and watch then put us forther down in the pit. But thats why I need your help. I need to make the best basher so I can jump, fly, climb and have fun in the pit. They want to make it for me then I'll brake it for them...
So what else should I look into?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:09 PM
kd7oir

One of the best investments I made is RPM A arms and lunksford pins and rods. There is a nice lump of cash.
Shawn
Old 02-10-2008, 08:14 PM
go-to

ORIGINAL: MTboy

Yup I do.. But if our fine leaders say I need this to help then I want to help. Should I just sit on it and wait? No not me I'll use it and watch then put us forther down in the pit. But thats why I need your help. I need to make the best basher so I can jump, fly, climb and have fun in the pit. They want to make it for me then I'll brake it for them...
So what else should I look into?
No problem...glad to help.

There are not many things you need to have a bullet-proof Savage basher. Let me eat dinner and I'll come back to it.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:36 PM
MTboy

Thanks KD, Whats lunksford pins and rods? Never heard of them.
GO-TO I would like to hear what you have. But enjoy your dinner. Thanks guys
Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 PM
racefans26

I say a full cage!!!!!!!! That would help!!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 09:32 PM
go-to

Thanks KD, Whats lunksford pins and rods? Never heard of them.
GO-TO I would like to hear what you have. But enjoy your dinner. Thanks guys
I have yet to break an A-arm OR turnbuckle making constant jumps and wrecks like this.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...liewipeout.flv
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...djump-high.flv

I hear the RPM A-arms are good to buy, and not that bad on price...I'd stick with stock 'cause they aren't easy to break and are cheap to replace.

For my truck I started off with what I'd call required upgrades. Receiver hump pack, steering servo, and throttle/brake linkage upgrade. From there I put 7000wt oil in the alloy cup 4-gear shimmed diff's.

From there I installed an Axial .28 with polished HPI pipe. Stainless clutch shoes and stiffer springs are a must at this point...I used 1.0mm springs and Nova R/C clutch shoes with the weighted set screw installed to tame engagement. I have the dual-stainless brakes and haven't had problem yet so I'm not spending money there just yet. I also got the HPI 308 hump pack battery level meter. Not required but great to have!

I wasn't happy with the exposed bottom and top-heavy truck so I went with the FLM LCG but non-extended TVP's and center skid plate. I also went with Raven triple-rate springs and removed all spacers. It's VERY hard to roll the truck over and still has plenty of clearance to withstand jumps as seen above (about 15ft up).

My next step is likely an LST2 shock upgrade. That'll likely be my last upgrade on the truck aside from having the Axial .28 done by AB Mods.

I think that's all at this point.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:11 AM
kd7oir

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXFML8&P=K
Pins and rods
Old 02-11-2008, 09:57 AM
MTboy

Thanks go-to thats a good start. Your truck looks sick and the jump was huge. I'm going to look into tvp's and RPM a arms with some beadlocks or disk rims. Tires would be great but not sure on whats good. The pins and rods would be a great add on so I'll be checking them out more. Also I need a pipe. Whats a good all around pipe. Thanks again guys
Old 02-11-2008, 11:56 AM
go-to

Thanks go-to thats a good start. Your truck looks sick and the jump was huge. I'm going to look into tvp's and RPM a arms with some beadlocks or disk rims. Tires would be great but not sure on whats good. The pins and rods would be a great add on so I'll be checking them out more. Also I need a pipe. Whats a good all around pipe. Thanks again guys
You're welcome man! Thanks for the compliments! You should see some of the wrecks...phew. Learning how to jump was harder than I thought.

I use HPI Dirt Bonz and love 'em.

The HPI polished tuned pipe is fine for most engines ( I have a set for sale), but if you're looking for a great pipe the Dynamite 053 buggy pipe is awesome. It's a buggy pipe so it takes a little work to mount. You also will need the Tsais Savage header to work with it. You can get the pipe on eBay separate for ~$35 and the header kit at RC Hub for $20 part number E08SA-CH.

This is what I want to do when the money permits.... []
Old 02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
MTboy

I hear you. Jumping is alot harder then it looks. I'v trashed 4 bodies bent 2 shock shafts and broke an a-arm with a knuckle. But starting to get the hang of it.
I was looking at the Dirt bonz at Savage Central. Look sweet and think they would really hook up. Also the HPI tuned pipe at Amain but whats the difference in ribbed and not? I think locking the rear up would be great too.
The more I look and think about it the more I find that I would like to do..LOL
Old 02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
go-to

I hear you. Jumping is alot harder then it looks. I'v trashed 4 bodies bent 2 shock shafts and broke an a-arm with a knuckle. But starting to get the hang of it.
I was looking at the Dirt bonz at Savage Central. Look sweet and think they would really hook up. Also the HPI tuned pipe at Amain but whats the difference in ribbed and not? I think locking the rear up would be great too.
The more I look and think about it the more I find that I would like to do..LOL
I've found that with my truck I need to be on the gas as it hits the ramp...then let off as it launches. Hard to time!

You won't be disappointed with the Dirt Bonz, they are good on all surfaces.

The ribbed pipe is more for low-end and is much louder...the polished pipe is a better all-around pipe from my experience.

Locking the rear will make it spin out easy. Just keep that in mind.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Vigilante212

The money isnt real yet Bush still has to sign off on it. and then it wont be until around may they said before checks start going out. This is also taxable income which kinda blows . I kinda wish I had kids though each one would be worth $300 hehe
Old 02-11-2008, 06:13 PM
takenotes Bch

I have 23 RCs dependent on me does that count for a refund
Old 02-11-2008, 06:24 PM
MTboy

CRAP.... The news said that checks should start being sent out soon...[:@] That was last thursday. Well I guess I'll have it all figured out by then. I have alot to get together. Also looking at an AX10 and that seems to be tricky since I really dont know nothing about electric RC and the rock crawler form no seems to answer questions.
But since I'm married and have a kid I'm looking at 1500 to play with since my wife gets a new car.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 PM
dhyde79

I'm actually fixing to get a set of Badlands instead of dirt bonz, simply on the fact that they're not quite as tiny nubs, and since most of my driving is on pavement, I don't want to have to buy new tires every couple times out......
Old 02-11-2008, 07:44 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I'm thinking a Jeep body painted like a military rig or secret service. What 40 series wheels and tires? Yea a nice exhaust... Is there any green springs? Or maybe I should talk with vigilanty and see about some towers. What you think?
I think it'd be cool to do a blacked out Suburban body with blue and red flashing lights in the grille
Old 02-11-2008, 09:08 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spend it before they take it back.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:11 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Can u say gigahertz, as in 2.4 of them?
Old 02-12-2008, 12:52 AM
dhyde79

one nice thing about it, which I found after looking into the deal more, is that the checks you get will be at minimum all you get for your 08 tax return, however, if you get more, the 1200 just comes out of it, they won't make you pay any of the 1200 (or whatever you get) back if you weren't supposed to get that much.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.