Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

What happened to the "help a buddy out" post?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What happened to the "help a buddy out" post?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Docroonie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What happened to the "help a buddy out" post?

Go-to,

I say this - instead of looking at it like a trade or swap; call it charity. I feel that the only swap or trade needed is the guarantee of it being paid forward later. Maybe that view would be better suited for this topic. And the fact that they want you to use the marketplace somewhat sucks for this type of thread. I'd rather ask folks for some help in a forum full of like minded experienced hobbyists. You will get a reply here in a matter of hours not days.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:00 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Docroonie

Go-to,

I say this - instead of looking at it like a trade or swap; call it charity. I feel that the only swap or trade needed is the guarantee of it being paid forward later. Maybe that view would be better suited for this topic. And the fact that they want you to use the marketplace somewhat sucks for this type of thread. I'd rather ask folks for some help in a forum full of like minded experienced hobbyists. You will get a reply here in a matter of hours not days.
That was part of my suggestion...I've RARELY found what I specifically needed in the market place (rabid animals wanting it all for free there too). The whole charity deal was the original intent of this whole thing and I've already been the recipient AND the giver on more than a few occasions. It's great, but it's just touchy I guess 'cause people can get pissed real fast.

The concept of trying to get what you need in a place you frequent is just good business to me...people know the product and always have extras here. hehehe
Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
iamnot

wow, i don't know what to think about this thread
i think paying it forward is a great idea
i think starting a charity thread is a bad idea
i'd rather give an rc to the kid down the street or parts to a guy at the track or the kid in the lhs that cannot afford parts
but that's just me
what i don't understand is a guy says bashing the mods is not the best way to keep the thread going - he even said the thread could be helpful
then people start calling him everything except the child of god
what's up with that???
seems kinda counter to the intent of the thread to me
Old 02-18-2008, 02:17 PM
nitro.rc.racer
Banned

ORIGINAL: -SomeGuy-

As much as i think this is a good idea that could work, its not happening in this thread, thats for sure. Someone start a new one with the first post stating the guidelines and such and go from there. Having a help thread start on such a bad note doesnt look good IMO and wont get very far. Just my 2 cents worth...
thats probably whats going to happen but its still a great idea but thers also a downside too if it workes some people will be getting free parts that they dont need.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 PM
burnchassis3

When I originally started this thread,my intentions were simple.Just to help someone out in a bad situation.
No one would get free parts they didnt need.
I would set up a few guys to review several things,and the reciever would have to prove he needed the stuff such as a picture.Then several other things would need to be considered too such as the persons location...how far a LHS is to them...how much the part costs ,and even then if anyone has 1 willing to part with.
Set up a thread where guys state what they need to get running again..then have it reviewed to see if its legit..maybe have a small form to fill out with, name, age, address, part, how it happened,how long you been down,how far to a LHS or whatever needs to be done.
It could end up a lot more complicated then intended.
BUT
I am still willing to take it on.
Lets see if this thread gets deleted..if they let it go,Ill start another and call it Savage Rescue Service.
Anyone interested in helping contribute to a good cause can PM me ,and Ill start taking names of guys willing to help.
Thanks
CS

Old 02-18-2008, 05:28 PM
azzman

All i can suggest is that whoever starts a thread can decide if there is off topic stuff that it wasting space on the thread, then report the offending posts to the mods and have them removed then this thread will be worthwhile...(you can remove this post too if you want!! )
Old 02-18-2008, 09:18 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mods even removed my post here without sending an email lol, oh well Anyways, I really dont feel like spending $4 plus $3 shipping on this part, but doesnt any1 by any chance have a throttle arm from an STS .21, .28, or .30 or maybe from any other .28 engine that uses a grub screw to tighten down? Thanks in advance. Tom.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
mch441

i "helped a brother out" a couple years ago on the traxxas forum.sent him my old tmaxx chassis for free after he bent his,paid the postage and pm'd him that it was in the mail never even got a thank you .thats enough helping a brother out for me
Old 02-27-2008, 05:37 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, because you only help people that deserve it...