Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

BUKU POWER EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 PM
rctruckguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUKU POWER EXHAUST

Have anyone here try the buku exhaust on a savage?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
rodshemi

Default RE: BUKU POWER EXHAUST

i have not but my buddie got one and it rocks its unbelievable how much hp it makes
Old 02-20-2008, 02:56 PM
mmduc

can you post a link of this pipe.......... thanx
Old 02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: mmduc

can you post a link of this pipe.......... thanx
here you go http://www.bukupower.com/index.html
Old 02-20-2008, 04:29 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im waiting on a PM but I think I just hooked up on a BUKU big block pipe. They seem really impressive, but I've only seen videos of them on pretty hot .28 engines. It's hard to guage from the videos if the pipe is helping when they already have a prettty sweet engine. Im going to be running the stock .28 MGT engine. Can't wait to see the difference.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Clymer122693

Talk to Del-Revo at revo-world.com he runs buku BB pipes on his axial .28 and axial .32.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
RazeRacer

I have one on my Savage X 4.6.

This exhaust is incredible. Makes the entire RPM band insane, the truck accel's twice as fast, and top end is noticeably increased. After getting completely fed up with the POS Tsais I had bought, I gave Dave a call and asked him if he would be interested in sending me a review sample for my website. Best phone call for RC I have made. This exhaust is BY FAR the best bang for your buck.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: RazeRacer

This exhaust is incredible. Makes the entire RPM band insane, the truck accel's twice as fast, and top end is noticeably increased. After getting completely fed up with the POS Tsais I had bought, I gave Dave a call and asked him if he would be interested in sending me a review sample for my website. Best phone call for RC I have made. This exhaust is BY FAR the best bang for your buck.
Did you happen to pay for it? If not then of course you can say that...'cause no matter how good it works $100+ for a pipe is a LOT by most standards!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: go-to

Did you happen to pay for it? If not then of course you can say that...'cause no matter how good it works $100+ for a pipe is a LOT by most standards!
Well I know what high performance pipes on cars, street bikes, dirt bikes and snowmobiles can do. Pretty impressive to say the least. Im thinking this pipe is similar but on a different scale vehicle. I think it's going to be sweet.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:08 PM
go-to

ORIGINAL: hilifemt
Well I know what high performance pipes on cars, street bikes, dirt bikes and snowmobiles can do. Pretty impressive to say the least. Im thinking this pipe is similar but on a different scale vehicle. I think it's going to be sweet.
I'm not disagreeing that it works very well...
Old 02-20-2008, 07:28 PM
RazeRacer

No, I didn't. When I am paying, I pay good money for good parts. If you can't pay or don't want to pay the 100+ for the amazing performance of this exhaust, then you don't have to. You get what you pay for! Don't automatically assume im some sort of idiot who is just all jazzed because I got a free exhaust. I have used MANY after-market exhausts on many vehicles, and this has given me the greatest difference out of any exhaust I have used.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:42 PM
go-to

No, I didn't. When I am paying, I pay good money for good parts. If you can't pay or don't want to pay the 100+ for the amazing performance of this exhaust, then you don't have to. You get what you pay for! Don't automatically assume im some sort of idiot who is just all jazzed because I got a free exhaust. I have used MANY after-market exhausts on many vehicles, and this has given me the greatest difference out of any exhaust I have used.
Don't get so uptight man...chill. Nobody called you an idiot. Not even close.

It has nothing to do with whether or not I can/want to spend $110. I spent half that on something that is likely very near what this Buku can produce. That aside you can't claim to accelerate twice as fast without proof. For that kind of money, you're going to have to *show* me that this muffler alone can accomplish that type of power increase. Dyno, or timed trials, or something.

I won't apologize for questioning and neither should anyone else. You should also not get upset when I question such claims with nothing to show for it. I would just prefer to see some proof before shelling out the dough.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:17 PM
hilifemt

The moving parts of this pipe keep it tuned completely perfect for every range of power due to the pressure and springs working off the pressure. Watching the demos and the live vid on youtube when it's hooked up to a machine has me pretty convinced. The guy that is selling it to me is a pretty big sponsored racer and is sponsored by BUKU himself. He has said many times the BUKU pipe is by far the best pipe he has used. Just as good but better than any JP pipe. There's a reason this pipe isnt race legal. Im stoked to find out why!
They are however in the proccess of making/testing a race legal pipe.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
rcnitrohead

Wait a second, I understand the principles that the current pipe is working on.. It seems like a revised version of the old CVEC pipes which had mixed reviews. What I dont get is how Buku wants to make a race legal pipe? If they want the same performance that they are getting out of the current version, then they would still have to use springs and valves which would still make it illegal to use in sanctioned racing.. Unless they can find a loophole in the rules?[&:] Tom.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Vigilante212

No sanctioned pipe can have moving parts, buku could make a race legal pipe, but it would be just like all the rest
Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 PM
rctruckguy

im getting one for sure i dont care about the price like they say you get what you pay for.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:04 PM
rctruckguy

i gonna hook this up on the new XL savage when they come out
Old 02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
hilifemt

Okay guys! I strapped the pipe on yesterday and ran about 4 tanks now. All I can say is WOW! Im still completely shocked at the performance boost. I'll have a video comparison of the BUKU against my old LST2 pipe in a week or 2.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70896.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	889379   Click image for larger version

Name:	My25004.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	889380  
Old 02-26-2008, 06:01 PM
2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

No sanctioned pipe can have moving parts, buku could make a race legal pipe, but it would be just like all the rest

Wrong, the prototype race legal pipe is not like all the others.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:11 PM
bjhe333

I just oredered mine. To bad I can't use it till my motor comes back[]
Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 PM
cheiro

Stock LST 2 pipes are too restrictive I'm suprised you're using the stock one, the good thing about it is very quiet. Has anyone compared it to the polished HPI one...??
Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: cheiro

Stock LST 2 pipes are too restrictive I'm suprised you're using the stock one, the good thing about it is very quiet. Has anyone compared it to the polished HPI one...??
Send me some pipes. I will test them and return them, with very fair video comparison. I know this BUKU pipe is the only one I need. It's that sick! [:-]
Old 02-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Vigilante212

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

Wrong, the prototype race legal pipe is not like all the others.

Inserts eh it wont make it any diffrent then other pipes it will just give you the option to swap out inserts for a certtain powerband. Im curious to find out how well that seam holds up to hard race conditions.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:33 PM
cheiro

I don't have the Buku pipe I've only got the LST2 and HPI polish pipe and the difference between them is like night and day. As for noise HPI one is louder, LST is nice and quiet... So if anyone has both the Buku and HPI polished pipe it would be good to see how much of a difference.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:33 PM
2DMaxLST!!

You can purchase a low end, mid range, and high end pipes or one pipe that you change inserts on, that's different in my book. It is model after the 2013 Werks pipe. It has a mean nasty sound.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.