Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

WTH Is wrong with TOWER HOBBIES! *RANT*

Old 02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
mdh1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTH Is wrong with TOWER HOBBIES! *RANT*

I don't know what to think about TOWER HOBBIES anymore...

...So this morning i go to check out the SPEEDMART circular i got in the mail. I really don't care about what's in it i guess i just like to look and see what's new in the non-savage world. I flip to page four and at the bottom left hand corner is an ad for a Tamiya Nitrage, so i start reading and ...HUH?... it says it's powered by "a formidable 540 motor". Who writes this stuff? Do they think thier customers are idiots? I mean it's called a NITRage! It even says 5.2 on the side! ...A little while passes and i cool down. ...Turn to page 8 and at the bottom is an other ad for an Axial AX10 kit, and upon closer inspection IT'S A SAVAGE WITH AN AXIAL BODY AND 40 SERIES BEADLOCKS!

I know i may just be sensitive to this kind of stuff but if they screw up big TWO times in the first 8 pages then who knows what other BS they're printing. It ordinarily wouldn't bug me so much except that earlier today i was reading the best hobby shop thread and it got me thinking- i really should order from A MAIN. I wanted to get the Dual Disc Brake Conversion, 47T Steel Spur, and Vented Clutch Bell 17T. A Main didn't have the steel spur so i had to go TOWER.

I've spent nearly $1000 since july with TOWER and this really bothers me. I'm definetly looking somewhere else to get the TAMIYA DURGA i've decided on.

Does TOWER have a customer service email address? I couldnt find one on thier website.

anyone have anything to add to this or other comments/rants?

Matt
Old 02-24-2008, 07:01 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WTH Is wrong with TOWER HOBBIES! *RANT*

It just shows that they need to proof their ads before they are printed....................
Old 02-24-2008, 07:43 PM
ThermalRD

I think yer gettin waaaay over excited about some errors in an advertisement... I hope they never get your order wrong. You'll have a stroke. LOL
Old 02-24-2008, 07:45 PM
whipnet

If I ever have a problem, I just reply to the order e-mail and always get a response even though that is two different departments you are talking about. (marketing vs. shipping)

They'll answer.

They also answer their phone during business hours.

Old 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM
black mamba

I don't use Tower because they charge me sales tax.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:57 PM
kent_man

So far my experience with Tower has been great. Super fast shipping, great prices with the coupon codes, returns are as easy as purchases, and most of the time everything is in stock. I can understand you being this mad if you would have made a purchase based on the incorrect info in the ad; which I'm sure they would have taken care of in the form a of a full refund, but it's just an error. Obviously marketing screwed up, but it doesn't really have to do with how good or bad of a dealer they are. That's why you always want to use more the one source for product info, like the manufactures site. Anyways, I wouldn't write off Tower just becasue of some misprints.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:14 PM
DaveG55

Wow, you react like that to a couple of misprints????
What do you do to real, blatant false advertising???
If were you I'd keep a close check on my BP, that stuff will kill you if you get worked up like that a lot

Honestly, you don't even know if the mistakes are Towers or the printers
Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 PM
DarkFire989

He's right, I have noticed them too. I really dont care but there are actually alot of them.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:03 PM
bmwnla

do you ever read RCCA or RC DRIVER everytime theres a wrong speed reading or a tire put on backwords some crazy people are like HOLY CRAP A MISTAKE......now gimme free stickers

TRUTH- rc mags and rc companies are not super human they are normal like you and me

Think if you started making mistakes in letters you wrote to your friends.....and then they decided not to be your friend anymore just because you made a couple typos
Old 02-25-2008, 04:14 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

If were you I'd keep a close check on my BP, that stuff will kill you if you get worked up like that a lot

You gotta remember some people here are just kids...................they're not worried about blood pressure and all that other stuff us old folks have to worry about.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:17 AM
black mamba

ORIGINAL: bmwnla

do you ever read RCCA or RC DRIVER everytime theres a wrong speed reading or a tire put on backwords some crazy people are like HOLY CRAP A MISTAKE......now gimme free stickers

TRUTH- rc mags and rc companies are not super human they are normal like you and me

Think if you started making mistakes in letters you wrote to your friends.....and then they decided not to be your friend anymore just because you made a couple typos
But spelling and grammar check tools have been around for how many years now? They're staples in the journalism field. There's no real excuse for a publication to make typos unless the proof-reader is just lazy or on the other end of the spectrum, hasty. Mistakes do happen, yes as we see, but with the tools available to prevent mistakes, they shouldn't. Just my opinion.[8D]
Old 02-25-2008, 07:24 AM
qaiz

In all honesty

The Nitrage's handy starter has a 540 motor

Ive noticed this too, check it out in their annual cataloge.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:50 PM
bmwnla

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

But spelling and grammar check tools have been around for how many years now? They're staples in the journalism field. There's no real excuse for a publication to make typos unless the proof-reader is just lazy or on the other end of the spectrum, hasty. Mistakes do happen, yes as we see, but with the tools available to prevent mistakes, they shouldn't. Just my opinion.[8D]
So we should invent an RC spell checking machine thats knows what motors belong in which cars.......hahaha.....BRILLIANT!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:18 PM
rcnitrohead

Nothing to get worked up about All mags and circulars have mistakes... I have found at least 200 in RCCA over 2007...
Old 02-25-2008, 06:00 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think yer gettin waaaay over excited about some errors in an advertisement... I hope they never get your order wrong. You'll have a stroke. LOL
I cracked up
Old 02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Wizz Kid

i've had them send me a $30 bushwacker body instead of a $200 buggy roller chassis. i called them right away and they said keep the body and we'll send out the chassis. not one problem.

towers is the first place i look for parts.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:50 AM
black mamba

So we should invent an RC spell checking machine thats knows what motors belong in which cars.......hahaha.....BRILLIANT!
Well, a computer is only as smart as the person using it per se.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:11 AM
iamnot

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

You gotta remember some people here are just kids...................they're not worried about blood pressure and all that other stuff us old folks have to worry about.
i work in the medical field
and believe me
there are a lot of kids that need to watch their bp
more than old folks do

sad but true...
Old 02-26-2008, 01:36 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

You think that misprint is bad. I just found one in the April 2008 issue of RC Car Action page 132. The RPM add has a list of parts and in one section it says Traxxas E-Savage. Since when did Traxxas start making the E-Savage...LMAO
Old 02-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Rambler45

Since we on the Tower bashing :-)

One of the thing that alway tick me off is the fact they dont list out the shipping number, and there is no way I can track my shipment.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:49 PM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead
I have found at least 200 in RCCA over 2007...
Weren't they the ones that had the Savage 4.6 RTR weighing in at 3 lbs or something? LOL

Old 02-26-2008, 05:20 PM
rcnitrohead

I dunno, I'm just saying generally in my reading. In every issue there are wrong numbers in the reviews, and tons of mistakes everywhere..
Old 02-27-2008, 04:50 AM
beer=food
Banned

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I cracked up
l hear ya digger, l got a good giggle too !
lmagine if he actually took the dodgy part back to the shop for a warrenty claim, and they said no, ppfffttt......LALALALALALALALALALALA !
Old 02-27-2008, 04:57 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All in all I've had good experiences with Tower. I do think they've lost touch a bit with their prices.. Even with their discount codes they're no longer really competitive with places like amain on a LOT of things.. Except for a select few items, like the LRP Spec 3... - which frankly is still a great deal - $150 or so with the code as far as I know..