Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

uncontrollable savage

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:59 PM
bneterasedmynam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uncontrollable savage

i was racing earlier today and my savage at full speed seemed to be faster than normal, basically i was keeping about the same speed as my nitro rustler, but the problem was the back starts to fish-tail now, its almost like the tires are puffing and then gliding.
do i have it over-tuned? or is there something i need to get to keep it from gliding off the road? and finally what is the best tire for traction?, i plan on doing a tug of war with an emaxx soon and putting it on video i know i have enough power to beat it i just want to make sure i have the traction part covered as it will be the most important part.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:24 PM
bebo421

Default RE: uncontrollable savage

we if you got a spoiler for one of your bodys it would bring more traction to the rear!!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:25 PM
bebo421

it will make it a little better
Old 02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Clymer122693

If your rear diff oil is heavier then the front it will be squirlly (sp) if your using the stock grease then it's prolly just stretched past it's limits and needs to be replaced.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:51 PM
burnchassis3

Maybe spinning the rims INSIDE the tires?
Check your glue?
CS
Old 02-26-2008, 02:49 AM
savaged_dude

Does it have any sort of wobble? If so could be bent dogbone, water in tires, or glue coming off tire, ect........ As far as the speed factor. They say the 2 stroke runs it's best when it's on the verge of blowing up.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:47 AM
The Hedgehog

You are probably getting more performance due to the cold air...
Old 02-26-2008, 09:43 PM
eastcoast_basher

just a note: i put adjustable uper arms on my rear and toed them in just a little. It really helps get me throug the apex. (thats the turn) oh and i posted this in a dif thred. the hpi fomies that come stock suck! they have a seam that can come apart. it has on two of my tires. i took the time and used ca remover and a hobby knife to remove the tires and replace those sad fomies.

what will happen is that they bunch up on high speeds and sometimes they will go back to normal so you can figure out why your rear slides out on you .

just a thought hope it helps