Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Buku pipe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Buku pipe

Does the Buku pipe have any parts that need any occasional replacement? Like the spring or cone? These parts must see a lot of wear and tear right.
    Going to slowly faze the savage out and go to mountain bikes (08\' foes fly)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Buku pipe

Errrm, does it look like this ?

http://www.bongshop.com/products/cat...at=15&id=Bongs

or maybe this ?

http://www.canaseed.com/details.aspx?p=833

LOL, you badass !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Going to slowly faze the savage out and go to mountain bikes (08\' foes fly)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

CWC, I just got buku about a week ago, so I can't say for sure. But I would think the cones wouldn't wear out, but over time the spring might lose a little tension. I can't see it being a problem spot. It does come with 4 springs to fine tune the pipe. Ive tested the # 2 and 3 springs. There is a tiny slight difference, but overall, I could run either and not really care too much one way or the other which spring I use. This pipe is insane and well owrth the money.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just my .02 but i would think the wear on the cone would be minimal keeping in mind that there is always going to be a little amount of oil from the fuel in the pipe but i could be wrong. Im thinking by the time the cone[s] wear out there will be a better pipe out there. That could be difficult considerin how good the buku is.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh l see, LOL, never knew there was even such a pipe, erm exhaust, LOL , the cone dont fit hahahahaha, no no bad joke from 20 years ago , double whammer, ppfftt, l wonder if that pipe is the best on the market, sure looks as good as a trinity or whatever there called, me, me lazy cheapo arse ****f, just drill out exhaust pipe bit make bigger, and yea it worked on the revo, hahaha, had to richen it but LOL, that buku pipe looks good, maybe l should drill a second hole altogether ! hahaha

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do you have any vid's to post? I just got one but I don't even have my motor back yet. I also don't want to try to break in my motor during the winter. I must wait,

Losi LST1 Mostly stock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bjhe333

Do you have any vid's to post? I just got one but I don't even have my motor back yet. I also don't want to try to break in my motor during the winter.
    I only made one video after the BUKU was in with the same set up as my previous vids. My truck was WAY too fast on the top end so I dropped the gearing now. I still have fairly high gearing, and my truck is still crazy fast, but wheelies now too. The best of both worlds. Alot of it due to this pipe. I prolly won't throw the old gearing in just to prove a point because Im lazy. LOL

BUKU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJvMQ2m518

LST2 pipe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BGAh6jDAac

You can kind of get an idea of the difference it made. Same exact set up, but with different pipes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What mill is it on? What gearing did you scrap? I have one comming! Now you made me smile! I can t wait to get tuning...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: In the monster... So NM the questions but TY for the link. I HATE SNOW...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BANKRUPTER

What mill is it on? What gearing did you scrap? I have one comming! Now you made me smile! I can t wait to get tuning...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: In the monster... So NM the questions but TY for the link. I HATE SNOW...
    That's a stock .28 MGT mill with a ported crank and sleeve. In the videos, my truck is geared 18/46. The tallest gearing you can have for a MGT using AE parts. now I have dropped it to 18/52, which is still fairly tall gearing, and my truck is wheelying. Im running 7 inch tall tires as well. The pipe is wicked. Reccommend it for all bashers, since it's not race legal.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would email your engines company and just ask them what tuned pipe works best with the engine you have i wouldnt get a buku pipe heres a video of a guy testing his stock revo pipe vs his buku      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UdFs1gSix4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have had my Buku for almost 2 yrs now in my Jato. Just spray some wd-40 in it every few months to clean it out. I have had awesome results with the pipe and wil be getting one for my Savage soon.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.