Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Buku pipe

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
CWC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buku pipe

Does the Buku pipe have any parts that need any occasional replacement? Like the spring or cone? These parts must see a lot of wear and tear right.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:26 AM
beer=food
Banned

Default RE: Buku pipe

Errrm, does it look like this ?

http://www.bongshop.com/products/cat...at=15&id=Bongs

or maybe this ?

http://www.canaseed.com/details.aspx?p=833

LOL, you badass !
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 AM
CWC

This pipe http://www.bukupower.com/

Old 03-01-2008, 10:50 AM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CWC, I just got buku about a week ago, so I can't say for sure. But I would think the cones wouldn't wear out, but over time the spring might lose a little tension. I can't see it being a problem spot. It does come with 4 springs to fine tune the pipe. Ive tested the # 2 and 3 springs. There is a tiny slight difference, but overall, I could run either and not really care too much one way or the other which spring I use. This pipe is insane and well owrth the money.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 PM
rodshemi

just my .02 but i would think the wear on the cone would be minimal keeping in mind that there is always going to be a little amount of oil from the fuel in the pipe but i could be wrong. Im thinking by the time the cone[s] wear out there will be a better pipe out there. That could be difficult considerin how good the buku is.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:59 PM
beer=food
Banned

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh l see, LOL, never knew there was even such a pipe, erm exhaust, LOL , the cone dont fit hahahahaha, no no bad joke from 20 years ago , double whammer, ppfftt, l wonder if that pipe is the best on the market, sure looks as good as a trinity or whatever there called, me, me lazy cheapo arse ****f, just drill out exhaust pipe bit make bigger, and yea it worked on the revo, hahaha, had to richen it but LOL, that buku pipe looks good, maybe l should drill a second hole altogether ! hahaha
Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 AM
bjhe333

Do you have any vid's to post? I just got one but I don't even have my motor back yet. I also don't want to try to break in my motor during the winter. I must wait,

Losi LST1 Mostly stock.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: bjhe333

Do you have any vid's to post? I just got one but I don't even have my motor back yet. I also don't want to try to break in my motor during the winter.
I only made one video after the BUKU was in with the same set up as my previous vids. My truck was WAY too fast on the top end so I dropped the gearing now. I still have fairly high gearing, and my truck is still crazy fast, but wheelies now too. The best of both worlds. Alot of it due to this pipe. I prolly won't throw the old gearing in just to prove a point because Im lazy. LOL

BUKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJvMQ2m518

LST2 pipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BGAh6jDAac

You can kind of get an idea of the difference it made. Same exact set up, but with different pipes.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:56 AM
BANKRUPTER

What mill is it on? What gearing did you scrap? I have one comming! Now you made me smile! I can t wait to get tuning...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: In the monster... So NM the questions but TY for the link. I HATE SNOW...
Old 03-04-2008, 12:16 PM
hilifemt

ORIGINAL: BANKRUPTER

What mill is it on? What gearing did you scrap? I have one comming! Now you made me smile! I can t wait to get tuning...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: In the monster... So NM the questions but TY for the link. I HATE SNOW...
That's a stock .28 MGT mill with a ported crank and sleeve. In the videos, my truck is geared 18/46. The tallest gearing you can have for a MGT using AE parts. now I have dropped it to 18/52, which is still fairly tall gearing, and my truck is wheelying. Im running 7 inch tall tires as well. The pipe is wicked. Reccommend it for all bashers, since it's not race legal.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:25 PM
cbeck611

i would email your engines company and just ask them what tuned pipe works best with the engine you have i wouldnt get a buku pipe heres a video of a guy testing his stock revo pipe vs his buku      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UdFs1gSix4
Old 10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
quietnas1

I have had my Buku for almost 2 yrs now in my Jato. Just spray some wd-40 in it every few months to clean it out. I have had awesome results with the pipe and wil be getting one for my Savage soon.